Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
"snapshot is real" You are wrong, those images can easily be edited. Copying and pasting text is as valid as screen snapshots. Either way, they should not be used as the only proof of communication.
what if Skype is th eonly way you do communicate? They will not allow this?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KSCM said:
what if Skype is th eonly way you do communicate? They will not allow this?
Communication is only one area of proof, you will no doubt have other types of proof.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
Communication is only one area of proof, you will no doubt have other types of proof.
what else can we use dont talk on the phone/ cell because it cost to much and Skype is free. What other types will they be looking for so we can start to use those other forms of communication?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
My husband and I mainly used skype for calls and for messaging for all of the time we've been apart, and I just opened skype, copied it all and pasted into a word document and sent them that. I reduced the font size to quite small and sent off those pages.

Remember its in support of your application and is only one of the things that you include that demonstrate your continuing contact and they must have been okay with it as I have received PPR.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KSCM said:
what else can we use dont talk on the phone/ cell because it cost to much and Skype is free. What other types will they be looking for so we can start to use those other forms of communication?
Of course there are letters and emails.
But I meant other things as proof, like documents etc, not just communication.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandiF said:
My husband and I mainly used skype for calls and for messaging for all of the time we've been apart, and I just opened skype, copied it all and pasted into a word document and sent them that. I reduced the font size to quite small and sent off those pages.

Remember its in support of your application and is only one of the things that you include that demonstrate your continuing contact and they must have been okay with it as I have received PPR.
Thank you for the hope.. and congrats to you... Im so scared to start the process for fear that I will mess it up and have to start all over again and wait even longer.. Did you apply inland or outland? Did u marry in Canada or other? there are so many ways to go about this I want to make sure we do the correct one to get him here the fastest..

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015
Jurjen said:
Yes, you can see it as an add-on or plug-in of some sorts. It's a simple program that runs on it's own. It uses Skype only to see under what name you're logged in and then searches your harddrive for the data that goes with that account. In total it only takes seconds (less then 5? Long time since I've used it...)

The Excel job takes a bit longer, though.
I tried skype exporter, it kept crashing on me. Not sure if other people have had the same issue.

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
A easier way is to go to nirsoft, grab the Skype log viewer and use that to export your Skype logs to excel.

It requires a little technical knowledge (specifically where your Skype calls are, but it generally defaults to the correct location).

If you have any issues, you can message me and I will try and help