+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prime Minister Ancestor

Aug 14, 2019
If my family was a past prime minister of Canada, can’t I be considered a citizen. He was The Honorable Sir Charles Tupper who held many positions during his residency. I want to move back to Canada but as a citizen not a visitor. It is so beautiful there and the people are so amazing. Any ideas without going through the five year process. I know of many people who have moved to other countries for the waiting period and the outcome has not been good for them.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Congrats on having such notable ancestry.

But as relating to the application for citizenship, I fear there is no short cut. Sir Charles was premier in the 1890s so I can even hazard a guess that you are a few generations removed. Canadian citizenship by descent only applies to the first generation children born outside Canada to Canadian parents.

My advice for you if you really want to move is to try one of the numerous pathways out there (express entry, provincial nominations, education etc). They take considerable less time and less assumption/supposition.

But as always, this is my own opinion. All the best

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If my family was a past prime minister of Canada, can’t I be considered a citizen. He was The Honorable Sir Charles Tupper who held many positions during his residency. I want to move back to Canada but as a citizen not a visitor. It is so beautiful there and the people are so amazing. Any ideas without going through the five year process. I know of many people who have moved to other countries for the waiting period and the outcome has not been good for them.
You do not qualify for citizenship through descent.

If you wish to become a citizen of Canada, you will have to become a permanent resident first by applying for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry. Once you are a PR, you will need to live in Canada for a few years before qualifying to apply for citizenship.

There is no direct path to citizenship for you through your ancestor.

Reactions: Aby444