+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary applicant has medical approved while dependent medical in progress. Can primary applicant get PPR?

chirag1407

Jun 16, 2023
Hi All,

I am the primary applicant and my medicals were completed on 9th May, 2023. However, on 2nd May my wife got request for additional medical(Sputum test). We missed that email but finally saw it before the 30 days period mentioned in the mail. Finally she gave the test samples on 27th May but was told that the updated report will be submitted to IRCC after 2 months.
Now I have received request for my spouse's "proof of completion of medical examination".
Please help me in understanding the next steps. Since it will take another 1.5 months to submit the test result to IRCC by panel physician.
Will it impact my progress as well or the primary applicant can get PPR first and after the medicals are passed for dependent she will get PPR?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi All,

I am the primary applicant and my medicals were completed on 9th May, 2023. However, on 2nd May my wife got request for additional medical(Sputum test). We missed that email but finally saw it before the 30 days period mentioned in the mail. Finally she gave the test samples on 27th May but was told that the updated report will be submitted to IRCC after 2 months.
Now I have received request for my spouse's "proof of completion of medical examination".
Please help me in understanding the next steps. Since it will take another 1.5 months to submit the test result to IRCC by panel physician.
Will it impact my progress as well or the primary applicant can get PPR first and after the medicals are passed for dependent she will get PPR?
There's only one PPR letter. It is only issued after primary+dependants are approved. You will only get one approval letter for everyone included in your application.

Reactions: Naturgrl