+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary applicant - both husband and wife ?

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Manikandan4335 said:
Hi all..... I would like to know that Both husband and wife can be primary applicant in express entry ?
Yes, if you are making two separate applications. But, remember to include each others name as co-applicant / spouse and once you get an ITA for one profile, withdraw the other.

bern78

Jun 1, 2017
Yes, if you are making two separate applications. But, remember to include each others name as co-applicant / spouse and once you get an ITA for one profile, withdraw the other.
Hi Kumarp, I am the principal applicant under family immigration but I didn't meet the minimum language skill requirement. If my wife will apply separately and received an ITA, is it still possible if I'm the one will go to Canada first then they will follow after I got a permanent job?

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Kumarp, I am the principal applicant under family immigration but I didn't meet the minimum language skill requirement. If my wife will apply separately and received an ITA, is it still possible if I'm the one will go to Canada first then they will follow after I got a permanent job?
No, if she is the primary applicant she has to go first, with or without you and do the landing. After that she can go back to your home country and you can stay and look for a job.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Sorry just saw your question. Your wife can apply with you as co-applicant, but you cannot land before your wife. The rule is the principal applicant should land either before anyone else in the application or accompany the co-applicants during initial landing.

bern78

Jun 1, 2017
Sorry just saw your question. Your wife can apply with you as co-applicant, but you cannot land before your wife. The rule is the principal applicant should land either before anyone else in the application or accompany the co-applicants during initial landing.
Hi Kumarp, Thanks for the information, I have another concern, my wife is currently working here in the Philippines and she is now the only one providing the needs of our family, I am currently jobless because I resigned to my previous job last year.
How long she needs to stay in Canada during the initial landing?
Please advise which is better:
1) When she got an ITA before me, is it better for her to resign from her current job and both of us together with our two kids land to Canada and look for another job or,
2) She will just file a vacation leave to accompany me to Canada and fly back here in the Philippines and continue her job.

Thanks in advance!

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can be the main applicant and add you as accompanying spouse. Then you can all go together.

In theory she could go to Canada, do the landing and return to the Philippines.

Reactions: bern78

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Kumarp, Thanks for the information, I have another concern, my wife is currently working here in the Philippines and she is now the only one providing the needs of our family, I am currently jobless because I resigned to my previous job last year.
How long she needs to stay in Canada during the initial landing?
Please advise which is better:
1) When she got an ITA before me, is it better for her to resign from her current job and both of us together with our two kids land to Canada and look for another job or,
2) She will just file a vacation leave to accompany me to Canada and fly back here in the Philippines and continue her job.

Thanks in advance!
You have to decide yourself what is best for you. No one can guarantee you will succeed in Canada that's why the decision is yours.

Reactions: bern78

bern78

Jun 1, 2017
You have to decide yourself what is best for you. No one can guarantee you will succeed in Canada that's why the decision is yours.
but bro, if ever, she got an ITA as principal applicant, both of us are required to land in Canada, how long she needs to stay and be allowed to fly back here in the Philippines? I will be one will stay instead.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
but bro, if ever, she got an ITA as principal applicant, both of us are required to land in Canada, how long she needs to stay and be allowed to fly back here in the Philippines? I will be one will stay instead.
She can literally catch the next flight back - though I suppose it would be better if you spent a couple days there just in case your SIN number wasn't issued at the airport.

There's no minimum stay required when you land.

After 5 years, you'll be asked to prove that you spent at least 2 years in Canada to maintain your PR. That's the only minimum stay requirement.