+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previously undeclared work experience

Nov 4, 2019
Hii.. I came to Canada as a student and that time i didn't Mention my work experience i had in india as my agent advised me not to do so, i just wrote preparing for ielts (for the one year gap) but now when i am making my EE profile its very valuable as i can get points for it. Some people are suggesting that i can show now and others saying opposite.I do have a reference letter too.

So i am seeking advise should i show it now and claim points for it? wouldn't it be misrep?
Has anybody got any PR or maybe got into a problem for doing so?

Thank You

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hii.. I came to Canada as a student and that time i didn't Mention my work experience i had in india as my agent advised me not to do so, i just wrote preparing for ielts (for the one year gap) but now when i am making my EE profile its very valuable as i can get points for it. Some people are suggesting that i can show now and others saying opposite.I do have a reference letter too.

So i am seeking advise should i show it now and claim points for it? wouldn't it be misrep?

Thank You
IRCC would cross check your earlier file with your new file. There is a high chance of your file being marked for misrepresentation if you decide declare your work experience, now, as there would be discrepancies between your two files.

For IRCC, you have all the reasons to lie on your profile, now, for the sake of getting a PR.

My advice, do not create discrepancy between files and stick to what you had declared earlier.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

Thank You
It's never a good sign if your agent tells you to lie.

Nov 4, 2019
It was not about a lie at that point as she just told me that its study permit and it has nothing to do with work so just mention your academics and honestly i had no idea at that time how it works or how it is going to work in future.

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
I am in a similar situation but the only difference that when I was filing my student application the space was limited so I included 3 jobs only which were relevant to acadimia. I did it with a good intention.
Then, when I applied for my Post graduate work permit. I declared another job which was in industry.
When I applied for the PR, I got a fairness letter asking about this discrepancy.
My PR application still in process.
In summary, they will check your previous applications for sure.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It was not about a lie at that point as she just told me that its study permit and it has nothing to do with work so just mention your academics and honestly i had no idea at that time how it works or how it is going to work in future.
There is a form where you are required to submit your employment history

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I am in a similar situation but the only difference that when I was filing my student application the space was limited so I included 3 jobs only which were relevant to acadimia. I did it with a good intention.
Then, when I applied for my Post graduate work permit. I declared another job which was in industry.
When I applied for the PR, I got a fairness letter asking about this discrepancy.
With limited space on a form you can always attach more paper to cover everything.

Reactions: dotslash227

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
With limited space on a form you can always attach more paper to cover everything.
I did not know that when I first applied for the study permit as it was a paper based application and they did not give me an employment history application

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Even in study permit applications, you are supposed to declare your work history, which you did not. If you decide to declare it now, IRCC will suspect that you are conducting misrepresentation.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I did not know that when I first applied for the study permit as it was a paper based application and they did not give me an employment history application
Yes, yes you did. It is a significant portion of the study permit application form.

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018
Hi, any news about your application? PLease let us know