+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previously LMIA exempt, looking at LMIA process

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
what are the chances of getting an LMIA at the moment? I heard it is really difficult to get one now, but has anyone actually applied and heard anything back recently?

I want to apply for an LMIA too since PNP for Ontario isnt available for EE at the moment, but I don't know if my employer would want to match the median wage for my job...

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
w are also looking for people who have recent;y applied for LMIA , we ( 9 people in our office ) are TFW, came through Intra company transfer, now looking to apply for LMIA ,
kindly let us know if there are candidates similar to us. our NOC code is 2173

davidbaek90

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
asdf-1234+ said:
I want to apply for an LMIA too since PNP for Ontario isnt available for EE at the moment, but I don't know if my employer would want to match the median wage for my job...
Why isn't PNP for Ontario available for EE?

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
davidbaek90 said:
Why isn't PNP for Ontario available for EE?
They said you can still apply for PNP, but when you are approved, there isn't anything on the website that says it will actually give you 600 points in your EE profile.

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
Even if it dosent give you 600 points you can still apply pr through paper application. Its a long process but at least you will get pr.

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Malik87 said:
Even if it dosent give you 600 points you can still apply pr through paper application. Its a long process but at least you will get pr.
paper application, as in the same application as last year? I have already gone through that process but my application got rejected due to max applicants reached :/

but if this is true, i wouldn't mind it at all! I have all my documents ready.

jonular

Sep 29, 2014
pixelfrontier said:
I'm also working on a NATFA work permit. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere NAFTA work permits can get renewed an indefinite number of times like that CIC agent told you, but I can't remember where. I already asked my employer to get me a free LMIA; just a heads up, the process is supposed to take 2 to 4 months but some people have reported recently it's taking even longer.
I thought there was an expedited version for higher wage earners, but maybe that's just an aspirational or for the other route.

I'm a bit confused about the LMIA process since I am already in Canada in my current position of employment. Does my employer have to advertise for an equivalent position in order to show that I am still the best person to have employed in the future? Just trying to think of this in the same framework that the LMIA would be processed before I present it to my employer.

I'm assuming there are law firms/immigration consultants that may handle this on behalf of an employer? I can't see my boss wanting to go through this on his own.

Mack23

Feb 9, 2015
Unfortunately your employer would have to advertise your job in three different places with one of them being the job bank for 4 weeks. Then they would have to justify why they didn't give the job to a Canadian citizen or PR holder. They may also be required to show how they plan to rectify this situation in the future to aid in hiring a Canadian citizen or PR holder. I know there is other stuff that may be required but these are the main points. You could hire a immigration firm to help but trust me, they are in the same position as all of us with EE. The system is so new that they are still learning. I would check out the CIC page on LMIA. The link is at the start of this thread and get your employer to apply for a supporting LMIA as this is free because you already have a work permit.

Hope this helps.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Mack23 said:
Unfortunately your employer would have to advertise your job in three different places with one of them being the job bank for 4 weeks. Then they would have to justify why they didn't give the job to a Canadian citizen or PR holder. They may also be required to show how they plan to rectify this situation in the future to aid in hiring a Canadian citizen or PR holder. I know there is other stuff that may be required but these are the main points. You could hire a immigration firm to help but trust me, they are in the same position as all of us with EE. The system is so new that they are still learning. I would check out the CIC page on LMIA. The link is at the start of this thread and get your employer to apply for a supporting LMIA as this is free because you already have a work permit.

Hope this helps.
The employer also has to explain to service Canada, that how many people he called for inteview and why he didn't give this position to Canadian citizen or pr holders. Gov. do not want Citizen lay off due to foreign worker. Thats all about it . What can we do !!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kagopala said:
w are also looking for people who have recent;y applied for LMIA , we ( 9 people in our office ) are TFW, came through Intra company transfer, now looking to apply for LMIA ,
kindly let us know if there are candidates similar to us. our NOC code is 2173
I know of at least one recent LMIA in NOC 2173 that was submitted late dec and issued around late Feb.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
I was reading all the comments....quite helpful...For LMIA, I have called service Canada twice and they told me that if the employer is paying no fee, it means that the employee can't work until he/she becomes permanent.

In my case I am on open work permit and having work permit till 2014 and has already worked in NOC 1311 for more than a year. Now I ma confused whether I should tick the first option or the second option of the very first question of the LMIA form for PR. I don't need a work permit but according to service canada I won't be able to work untill I become PR if my employer pays no fee.

Anyone in the same situation????????? Please share views... Thanks :'(