+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous PR refused, say yes or no Statutory Questions

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,
In the Statutory Questions there 2 confused questions:
1) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

My first EE PR app was refused due to invalid police certificate.
I had NOT been rejected any other types of visa or permit.
Should I say yes for the 2 Statutory Questions?
Thanks

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,
In the Statutory Questions there 2 confused questions:
1) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

My first EE PR app was refused due to invalid police certificate.
I had NOT been rejected any other types of visa or permit.
Should I say yes for the 2 Statutory Questions?
Thanks
1- yes
2- no

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
If your application was refused because of PCC, then it is very likely that it was cancelled as incomplete instead of refused. In this case, you can safely answer no to both questions.

If your application fee ($550 per person) and RPRF were refunded, then your application was cancelled. If only RPRF was refunded, then your application was refused.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Refused or cancelled as incomplete should be the same in that sense.
Why no to 2nd question, thats because you havent been denied entry. Its different than visa refusal. Its when you show up at a point of entry and they dont allow you into the country.

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
If your application was refused because of PCC, then it is very likely that it was cancelled as incomplete instead of refused. In this case, you can safely answer no to both questions.

If your application fee ($550 per person) and RPRF were refunded, then your application was cancelled. If only RPRF was refunded, then your application was refused.
Thanks for answers,
The application was refused after 5 months in the process.
I refunded only for part 2
I need to answer yes for both?
Play safe?
Thanks

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks for answers,
The application was refused after 5 months in the process.
I refunded only for part 2
I need to answer yes for both?
Play safe?
Thanks
In this case, it would be safe to answer YES to both questions, because you were "refused a visa".
Just explain it in LOE. It won't negatively affect your new application.

Reactions: prakash419

KANCHANA2529

Apr 23, 2021

Hi I am in same situation. I have uploaded my daughter PCC instead of my PCC - my application got rejected as cancelled. I received full refund fee + RPRF. Immigration consultants says to mark Yes and give file number. I am confused here. When I was creating new express entry profile (after rejection) - I marked Yes and entered file number and submitted profile - but it shown up as "Profile Ineligible". I had to create new profile with No" and it allowed which I received ITA again. While filling application, the same question raised, please help here.