+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

previous part time work experience

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
everyone,

I stay in Canada and i work under noc 0 category as a store manager. My skilled work experience starts from August 2014 and as per under express entry cec, i need atleast 12 months full time experience which will be completed next month dat is August 2015.

But during this period I went on a Vacation for two months which was unpaid but my company pays me Accrued Vacation which I get in my every paycheck I receive.
My question is: Will this vacation of two months count in the one year period of completing my experience? Or do i have to do three more months to complete my one year experience?

Thanks in advance

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
everyone,

I stay in Canada and i work under noc 0 category as a store manager. My skilled work experience starts from August 2014 and as per under express entry cec, i need atleast 12 months full time experience which will be completed next month dat is August 2015.

But during this period I went on a Vacation for two months which was unpaid but my company pays me Accrued Vacation which I get in my every paycheck I receive.
My question is: Will this vacation of two months count in the one year period of completing my experience? Or do i have to do three more months to complete my one year experience?

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Asivad Anac said:
You can claim it as part time work experience.

Why would you assume you can't claim it? This how Ministerial Instructions describe Foreign work experience. And that doesn't appear to discount your internship.
Hi Asivad,
Thanks once again for your reply.

The reason I feel I can't claim it is this work experience is before completing my degree(CA) it was gained during the course of my studies.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhil89 said:
Hi Asivad,
Thanks once again for your reply.

The reason I feel I can't claim it is this work experience is before completing my degree(CA) it was gained during the course of my studies.
That is true only if you are claiming experience gained while you were studying in Canada and applying under CEC (portion highlighted in red below). There is no such restriction under FSW.

Minimum requirements

You must:

have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Asivad Anac said:
That is true only if you are claiming experience gained while you were studying in Canada and applying under CEC (portion highlighted in red below). There is no such restriction under FSW.
Much appreciated Asivad,
Can you please share the link for the website

Thank you very much :)

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Even if such a thing happens, the honest answer would help. Was it mandatory to declare part-time work experience back then? If the answer is No, that's why you didn't declare it then. If the answer is Yes, then you need to come up with a satisfactory explanation of why you did not disclose it then.

Is it mandatory to declare it now? The answer is Yes if you need that experience for program eligibility and/or CRS score. And that''s exactly what you will tell them. And the answer is No if you don't need it and you can tell them that as well.

The basic premise is that these are 3 separate applications at 3 separate points in time and they have 3 separate intentions leading to 3 separate requirement of mandatory disclosure. Maintain that distinction in your mind while explaining to the officer (if and when questioned) and be truthful in your responses. That should do it.

All the best!
I have proof of my past experience. As I didn't declared before and m declaring it now.. Will CIC consider this as misrepresentation? I am really very much worried.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physiohit said:
I have proof of my past experience. As I didn't declared before and m declaring it now.. Will CIC consider this as misrepresentation? I am really very much worried.
I thought we closed this discussion earlier in the week.

Your past applications were for different purposes. So the question of misrepresentation doesn't really arise. And CIC never insists on full disclosure of work experience.

Reactions: zionplace

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have the same issue as the one expressed here. I have one year full time work experience back in my homeland, 5 years ago, but I never mentioned it in my study permit application 3 years ago, and my study permit extension application last year. The reason I did not mention it was the fact that the job was not related to my field of study in Canada and I had not even mentioned it in my resume when I applied for my masters. Long story short, I want to get my PR now and I really need that one year work experience. I can prove it with contract, pay stubs and reference, however, I am truly afraid that if I do so, CIC will come after me and will charge me with misrepresentation in my previous applications, or in my EE application, since I had not mentioned it before, the officer might think I am just making it up now and charge me with misrepresentation. I don't know what to do now. Could I please have some of your valuable advice forum members?

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I just called cic. The guy said it would be quite ok! I asked him if it might border on misrepresentation and he said not at all! I actually asked him twice and both time he said no affirmatively. I asked if pay-stubs, contract and reference letter are enough to prove the work was done, and he said yes they are quite enough.

Reactions: Kanae

Naji khan

May 7, 2018
Hi man ! I was wondering how your application went ? I have same situation didn’t mentioned home country experience in study permit application but now need it ? So kindly let me know thanks
I just called cic. The guy said it would be quite ok! I asked him if it might border on misrepresentation and he said not at all! I actually asked him twice and both time he said no affirmatively. I asked if pay-stubs, contract and reference letter are enough to prove the work was done, and he said yes they are quite enough.