+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

previous part time work experience

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
It might be weird but you can certainly leave it out if you're not claiming points for it. CIC doesn't care.
So basically we're safe to delete every piece of information for which we don't claim points? It's not considered as misrepresentation as long as we have proofs for the points we claim?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auschase said:
So basically we're safe to delete every piece of information for which we don't claim points? It's not considered as misrepresentation as long as we have proofs for the points we claim?
Yes. Do note that you will have to account for your whereabouts in your personal history but that is for criminal history and background verification purposes. Based on the information entered in that section, the PA and spouse will be prompted to upload relevant PCC(s) but not ECA(s) for time spent in Education or work reference letter for time spent in Employment.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Hello Asivad,
One follow up question please..
I called CIC today..they told me, the officer can ask why I didn't mention my work experience before.. And why am i mentioning now?
Will that affect their decision of giving me PR or not?

Thanks

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Do note that you will have to account for your whereabouts in your personal history but that is for criminal history and background verification purposes. Based on the information entered in that section, the PA and spouse will be prompted to upload relevant PCC(s) but not ECA(s) for time spent in Education or work reference letter for time spent in Employment.

Many thanks! All the best to you too!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physiohit said:
Hello Asivad,
One follow up question please..
I called CIC today..they told me, the officer can ask why I didn't mention my work experience before.. And why am i mentioning now?
Will that affect their decision of giving me PR or not?

Thanks
Even if such a thing happens, the honest answer would help. Was it mandatory to declare part-time work experience back then? If the answer is No, that's why you didn't declare it then. If the answer is Yes, then you need to come up with a satisfactory explanation of why you did not disclose it then.

Is it mandatory to declare it now? The answer is Yes if you need that experience for program eligibility and/or CRS score. And that''s exactly what you will tell them. And the answer is No if you don't need it and you can tell them that as well.

The basic premise is that these are 3 separate applications at 3 separate points in time and they have 3 separate intentions leading to 3 separate requirement of mandatory disclosure. Maintain that distinction in your mind while explaining to the officer (if and when questioned) and be truthful in your responses. That should do it.

All the best!

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Thank you so much. You have great personality my friend.
You are very helping. Wish you luck for your PR.
Thanks once again.

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Hello Asivad,

My question is now, if I am showing my previous experience now:-

1. Is that compulsory that our foreign work experience to be in same field as in Canada?
2. Will they consider my previous part time foreign work experience, because I was full time student too at that time?
Thanks

kanish786

Jul 8, 2015
physiohit said:
question regarding work experience?
I came here in 2011January as a student. While applying student visa in 2011 and post graduate work permit in 2013 April, I haven't mentioned my Indian part time work experience. Is it possible to show my Indian work experience now for express entry?
does cic requires pay stubs for indian work experience

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanish786 said:
does cic requires pay stubs for indian work experience
Only if you don't have work reference letter stating your salary and working hours/week and you want to showcase some supporting documents.

physiohit said:
Hello Asivad,

My question is now, if I am showing my previous experience now:-

1. Is that compulsory that our foreign work experience to be in same field as in Canada?

No. But your primary NOC has to be relevant to your previous work experience and preferably be the same NOC that gives you program eligibility as well.

2. Will they consider my previous part time foreign work experience, because I was full time student too at that time?

Yes. It will count at half the rate of your full time work experience. And it can be used to add points to CRS score and program eligibility as well.

Thanks

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for reply Asivad, I didn't understand the second answer.
Do my full time study at the same time of my part time foreign work will count?
I have worked there from Jan 2008 to Jan to 2010. 20 hrs evry week.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physiohit said:
Thanks for reply Asivad, I didn't understand the second answer.
Do my full time study at the same time of my part time foreign work will count?
I have worked there from Jan 2008 to Jan to 2010. 20 hrs evry week.
That would count as 20 hours/week * 104 weeks or 2080 hours which is equivalent to 1 years and 3 months of full time work experience.

You can use this for FSW eligibility criteria if it is in the same NOC as your other experience that you are claiming to prove program eligibility. You can use this to get additional CRS points irrespective of the NOC but noe that CRS score maxes out at 3 years of work experience.

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

And is it compulsory to have foreign work experience to be continuous just to claim points?

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Asivad Anac said:
That would count as 20 hours/week * 104 weeks or 2080 hours which is equivalent to 1 years and 3 months of full time work experience.

You can use this for FSW eligibility criteria if it is in the same NOC as your other experience that you are claiming to prove program eligibility. You can use this to get additional CRS points irrespective of the NOC but noe that CRS score maxes out at 3 years of work experience.

Hi All,

Can you please advise me on the forever confusing question I have for work ex, this will tremendously help me a lot.

I was pursuing my Chartered Accounting course from India, started with my full time internship from Aug'08 - Feb'12 along with pursuing my studies.

Can I claim this Internship as my Work experience, I am applying under FSW category.

Can anybody please guide me as I assume that I cannot claim these points, it would be really helpful if you could post your responses with links

Thank you guys very much .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhil89 said:
Hi All,

Can you please advise me on the forever confusing question I have for work ex, this will tremendously help me a lot.

I was pursuing my Chartered Accounting course from India, started with my full time internship from Aug'08 - Feb'12 along with pursuing my studies.

Can I claim this Internship as my Work experience, I am applying under FSW category.

Can anybody please guide me as I assume that I cannot claim these points, it would be really helpful if you could post your responses with links

Thank you guys very much .
You can claim it as part time work experience.

Why would you assume you can't claim it? This how Ministerial Instructions describe Foreign work experience. And that doesn't appear to discount your internship.

Foreign work experience

25. (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1).