+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous Canadian PR holder

CanadaPRAgain

May 18, 2023
Hi,
I was selected and got my PR in 2018, However I was working in United States that time, Due to family health concern and COVID, I was never able to move to Canada permanently. I wish to reapply now, will there be any problems.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I was selected and got my PR in 2018, However I was working in United States that time, Due to family health concern and COVID, I was never able to move to Canada permanently. I wish to reapply now, will there be any problems.
If you landed and became a PR, then you are still a PR.

You would need to renounce PR status if you want to reapply.

Alternatively you can try reentering Canada through a US/Canada land border crossing using a private vehicle and hope you are able to get in without being reported for failing to meet the residency obligation. If you are able to do this then you can remain in Canada for two years and the apply to renew your PR card. During those two years, it may be difficult to do certain things like get a health card if your PR card is no longer valid.

CanadaPRAgain

May 18, 2023
I did landed and became PR

Alternatively you can try reentering Canada through a US/Canada land border crossing using a private vehicle and hope you are able to get in without being reported for failing to meet the residency obligation. If you are able to do this then you can remain in Canada for two years and the apply to renew your PR card. During those two years, it may be difficult to do certain things like get a health card if your PR card is no longer valid.
This seems unnecessarily complex. I would rather reapply new

How can I renounce and reapply, will the reapply cause my application to be scrutinized and my odds of getting it again are bad ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did landed and became PR

This seems unnecessarily complex. I would rather reapply new

How can I renounce and reapply, will the reapply cause my application to be scrutinized and my odds of getting it again are bad ?
If you google renouncing PR, you should find the IRCC instructions easily. This won't be held against you when you reapply however you'll obviously have to qualify and reapply under the current rules and points cut offs. Make sure you renounce before you submit your new application.

Reactions: cz999