melonie

Jun 2, 2010
South Africa
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Made a booking with Dr Cobb here in Jhb for 11 Jan. Got the medical request at my po box on Monday.

BiancaM

May 31, 2010
Hi guys,

So happy to have found this forum. We're also being processed by the Pretoria office and had our status changed to "we began processing..." at the end of November. On holiday at the moment, so waiting until we get back next week to see if our Medicals have been requested.
Any idea of how long it takes after we submit the Medicals to London? What happens after that?
Seems like it's always hurry up and then wait :-(

Will really appreciate any info/ advice you can give.

Good luck to all!

kips

Dec 15, 2011
Hi all,

I have my file 'in process' since October 20th, 2011. Still waiting for medicals. Applied under FSW. I see some people got their requests on 1/12/11...after mine went into process...anyone knows whats going on?...applied through pretoria.

kips

Dec 15, 2011
melonie said:
Made a booking with Dr Cobb here in Jhb for 11 Jan. Got the medical request at my po box on Monday.
melanie..do you know if they are processing according to when your file was received? Mine is in the same NOC as yours

kips

Dec 15, 2011
BiancaM said:
Hi guys,

So happy to have found this forum. We're also being processed by the Pretoria office and had our status changed to "we began processing..." at the end of November. On holiday at the moment, so waiting until we get back next week to see if our Medicals have been requested.
Any idea of how long it takes after we submit the Medicals to London? What happens after that?

Good luck to all!
Bianca..from the little of what i have gathered...medicals to London will take approx. 3 weeks..of which the CIC doc. will forward the results either by fax or other means to your Visa office. From there they will contact you..Looking at the graph from the CIC website..could have posted the site but not allowed now.

melonie

Jun 2, 2010
South Africa
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kips. I think so. There are a few people, on this forum and SaCanada forum, who applied and sent their docs around the same time as mine, and they have received their medical request the same time as well.

His Darkness

Aug 16, 2011
BiancaM said:
Hi guys,

Good luck to all!
Hi
How did you get a reference number?? I also submitted in pta on the 13/12/2011, but the lady didnt give me anything, so I can't check any status.
I heard it takes about 10-12 weeks from London to reply, then after that, if all is ok, pta requests your passports and that's the end of the process and off you go.

BiancaM

May 31, 2010
I applied in April 2010 directly to Nova Scotia and received our file number in the post a few months later. Thanks for the replies and feedback. Medicals are done and now we wait. I read somewhere that the second phase of background/clearance checks only happens after the Medicals are approved, which could take another few months. There are people on other threads/visa offices who submitted Medicals 6 months ago and still haven't heard anything back. Hope this doesn't happen to us.

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
@ Binaca
please share your noc and timeline. if you don't mind

BiancaM

May 31, 2010
Hi srmo,

We initially applied in January 2008, but then cancelled that application when we saw how long it would take. We submitted a new app in April 2010, and were notified on the 15th of October that the file had been transferred to Pretoria. In Feb 2011, our ecas status changed to "in process" and at the end of November 2011 it stated that processing had started on our application. We received the medical request in December 2011, and had our full Medicals done on the 29th of December. My husband's code is 0111.

Sorry, not sure of all the terms and jargon used on this forum. Hope that helps.

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Hello people,

I just wanted to let you know that we received our PPR today and are going to collect the visa in person ( hopefully) tomorrow. I can't express how happy I am and I hope others still waiting will get through soon.

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ADUFE said:
Hello people,

I just wanted to let you know that we received our PPR today and are going to collect the visa in person ( hopefully) tomorrow. I can't express how happy I am and I hope others still waiting will get through soon.
GOD BLESS U.CONG

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
hi adufe
did you receive your passport request?

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Yes, I received the PPR on 26th Jan and got a call on the 6th of Feb to come and get the passports.I finally got the passports with the visa on the 8th of January.
How far are you now? Have you received your medicals? I really hope you have.