+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing for spousal application NEED HELP please

Oz13

Jul 18, 2017
Hi all,

So I recently got married to a Canadian citizen in Canada and we are planning to file for my spousal citizenship.

I am an Australian citizen and I am back in Australia. My spouse is still in Canada. I need help with the following question please.

What is better inland or outland application?
Can I apply for open work permit outside Canada and what are the chances of me getting it and timeline please?
if i go to Canada and apply for my sponsorship and open work permit what is the fastest way of getting open work permit? or will this take 3-4 months to get open work permit?

Your help will be highly appreciated, thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
To apply "inland" you must already be living with your spouse in Canada.

There is no Open Work Permit for outland applications.

Even if you are eligible to apply "inland" and apply for an OWP at the same time, I think that you have to wait for a few months for it to be granted.

Reactions: Oz13

Oz13

Jul 18, 2017
To apply "inland" you must already be living with your spouse in Canada.

There is no Open Work Permit for outland applications.

Even if you are eligible to apply "inland" and apply for an OWP at the same time, I think that you have to wait for a few months for it to be granted.
well i have eta and i can go and start living with my partner to apply.

my only worry is to be able to work. I looked online and it says that on average it will take me 3-4 months to get OWP

so should i go there and apply inland or should i apply from australia?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you absolutely need to be employed in the short term, an outland application seems indicated. If you are able to stay out of work for those 3-4 months, then inland would allow you to be with your partner. You can still apply "outland" even if you are in Canada, but obviously no OWP.

Oz13

Jul 18, 2017
If you absolutely need to be employed in the short term, an outland application seems indicated. If you are able to stay out of work for those 3-4 months, then inland would allow you to be with your partner. You can still apply "outland" even if you are in Canada, but obviously no OWP.
Can i apply inland with OWP and come back to Australia until i get my OWP?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Can i apply inland with OWP and come back to Australia until i get my OWP?
Nope. I'm pretty sure that this is not an option. You have to *continue* living with your spouse in Canada.

Oz13

Jul 18, 2017
Nope. I'm pretty sure that this is not an option. You have to *continue* living with your spouse in Canada.
oh ok thank you so much for your help, I just dont want to stay home for 3-4 months :( but I think that is the best option :) cheers mate