+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing documents for immigration as skilled worker

Sep 25, 2010
Hi,

I am in the process of preparing the documents required for filing the immigration application. I would really appreciate if someone can provide clarification for the following:

-For employment history, will a letter from my organization stating my employment period and responsibilities suffice?
-I graduated with Masters in the US this May. Do I still need to take the IELTS?
-Can I mail a copy of my scores after submitting the application?

Thanks so much for your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Maplesyrup2010 said:
Hi,

I am in the process of preparing the documents required for filing the immigration application. I would really appreciate if someone can provide clarification for the following:

-For employment history, will a letter from my organization stating my employment period and responsibilities suffice?
-I graduated with Masters in the US this May. Do I still need to take the IELTS?
-Can I mail a copy of my scores after submitting the application?

Thanks so much for your time.
It appears you haven't read the checklists closely, I suggest you go back to them.

1. Well that would be your experience letter, it must contain

For the principal applicant:
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 10 years.
Letters must be:
•written on company letterhead,
•signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,
•show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, and
•stamped with the company's official seal (if applicable).
Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
•your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the number of hours worked per week
•a business card of the person signing

2. Yes you have to submit the IELTs or CELPIP results with your application to Sydney.

ParvezPatel

Jul 19, 2016
Hi,

I have my work experience from UK. Apparently in the UK, none of the companies provide experience certificate.

However, the HMRC (Revenue and customs department) of UK has a facility to provide a employment history. However, this will not include any job description. Would this be accepted as a proof of experience?

Appreciate your expert advice.

Parvez