+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnancy during application process

Lany

Aug 9, 2011
Hi ...does everyone know about this matter?My cousin is single in her application and she was applying as a caregiver to her employer at the same time her brother in law and she was scheduled for speak test this coming august. How long does she need to wait for the result of her speak test and if ever she get the result and pass it how long she will wait for the schedule of her medical?Is it possible to reschedule the medical due to the reason that she is pregnant? Does the canadian embassy will consider her application even if she is pregnant and her employer knew about her situation? Is it possible that the canadian embassy will allow her to wait for her childbear before her medical time or they will consider to continue her papers since her employer knew her situation..please advise.thanks!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
First things first. She have to pass the speaktest then wait for the results. It depents how long she wait but i heard it take max 6 months then she will receive a medical request letter. Maybe she already give birth by that time. As long as her employer in canada can wait for her there be no problem.

Lany

Aug 9, 2011
Hi it's me again...Just curious what help and suggestions you can offer.It's about my cousin who is applying as a live in caregiver still and single in application done the Speak Test and successfully passed the Test. She received a letter regarding medical exam and must be done within 30 days. At this time, she is 6 months pregnant.
> Do she need to inform the immigration officer that she is pregnant?
>Do you think her situation will affect her application to be denied by the visa officer?
>Is it possible for her to do all medical test like x-ray in one time?

Please we need help and further knowledge about this as soon as possible.
Thaks

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Lany,

Found this from one of the CIC website's FAQ.

I’m pregnant. Can I wait until after I give birth to take the medical exam?

No, you are still required to undergo a medical examination even if you are pregnant. However, certain parts of the examination may be postponed until after you give birth. You should discuss your options with the Designated Medical Practitioner examining you.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/medical-medicaux.aspx#preg

I guess this will also apply to your cousin.

dona.d

Nov 23, 2011
hi. My name is Dona, and I'm aregistered nurse here in the philippines and currently appliying as a caregiver in quebec, canada. My mother who is in canada for many years now is helping me to apply as a caregiver. and im just waiting for some papers from the employer. the thing is that i've got pregnant for almost 3 months now. i already have children. how will this affect my apllicationas a caregiver? what actions should i do? can i still proceed with my application? please advice. thanks

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
dona.d said:
hi. My name is Dona, and I'm aregistered nurse here in the philippines and currently appliying as a caregiver in quebec, canada. My mother who is in canada for many years now is helping me to apply as a caregiver. and im just waiting for some papers from the employer. the thing is that i've got pregnant for almost 3 months now. i already have children. how will this affect my apllicationas a caregiver? what actions should i do? can i still proceed with my application? please advice. thanks
[/quoe]

dona sure you can still process your papers. you just have to update the embassy if ever your submit your paper while pregnant. the processing in the Phil is 16 months so by that time you must include the name of your new baby in the family information while processing. Goodluck