Interview........
NOV 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING...........
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
yess you will have to pay for everything including the doctor fees and hospital costs becoz i went thru the same thing when i was going to have my son becoz i was out of the country for 1.5 years and returned for my delivery but found out tht my health card was not valid soo i had to apply for a new one and i wasnt eligable for OHIP i had to wait for 3 months but unfortunatley i cudnt do anything becoz there was no time sooi ended up paying all the doctors fees and hospital costs etc unless if you get a midwife then you wont hae to pay anything and there is a clinic in toronto who take patients who dnt have a OHIP you try searching on the internet hope it helps

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
Thank you very much for the contribution. But no one is saying if this may delay issuance of visa. I had my medicals last month and all am praying and waiting for is for the embassy requesting my passport. Although it was stated in the DR's report my wife is schedule for delivery end of January.

Will this delay issuance or request for passport for visa??

Thank you.

ishaak

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2010
Doc's Request.
MAY 2010
AOR Received.
MARCH 2010
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
NOV 2012
Med's Done....
NOV 2012
Interview........
NOV 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING...........
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
i dnt think this shud delay the visa process infact if u send a doctor's letter to the visa office stating ur wife is pregnant mabe they will speed things up u can ask other people to of wht they think.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
richierich5618 said:
Will this delay issuance or request for passport for visa??
Creampop said:
she will be eligible for OHIP 3 months from the day she lands... no they will not reimburse you for the birth, on the bright side the baby will be covered as soon as it is born...
I thought that answered your question... your wife is already in Canada (as a visitor, she will NOT be LANDED until her CoPR is signed) the only way the baby being born would delay the issue of the visa is if the baby was born OUTSIDE of Canada but since the baby will be born in Canada the baby is Canadian. your kind of confusing alittle, you said you have CoPR but now you said you are awaiting PPR so that is abit confusing, so the day you get the CoPR signed PP stamped whichever saying you are a PR is the day your 3 months starts.

richierich5618 said:
Our destination is Winnipeg- Manitoba. Do we have to pay from our pocket too?
Who is eligible for Manitoba Health coverage?
Permanent Resident
You are eligible for coverage on your date of arrival in Manitoba when proof of Permanent Resident Status is provided or on the date Permanent Resident Status is granted.

To be eligible for Manitoba Health coverage you must:

Be a Canadian citizen or;
Have Immigration status as outlined in The Health Services Insurance Act:
Permanent Residents
Work/Study Permit holders and their spouse/dependants (Permit validity periods apply)
Establish a permanent residence in Manitoba, and
Reside (physically) in Manitoba six months in a calendar year
So what is your status in Canada? I am kind of confused about that.... before you said you were in Ontario and now your going to Manitoba, (alot of tax paying people here are going to think you are trying to rip them off after all it is them who pays for the healthcare) if you are going to different provinces to try to find someone to cover the birth those provinces require you to live in that province for 6 months after the baby's birth and if you do not, you will be made to pay them back for the birth.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Creampop said:
I thought that answered your question... your wife is already in Canada (as a visitor, she will NOT be LANDED until her CoPR is signed) the only way the baby being born would delay the issue of the visa is if the baby was born OUTSIDE of Canada but since the baby will be born in Canada the baby is Canadian. your kind of confusing alittle, you said you have CoPR but now you said you are awaiting PPR so that is abit confusing, so the day you get the CoPR signed PP stamped whichever saying you are a PR is the day your 3 months starts.

So what is your status in Canada? I am kind of confused about that.... before you said you were in Ontario and now your going to Manitoba, (alot of tax paying people here are going to think you are trying to rip them off after all it is them who pays for the healthcare) if you are going to different provinces to try to find someone to cover the birth those provinces require you to live in that province for 6 months after the baby's birth and if you do not, you will be made to pay them back for the birth.
Creampop -

There are two different posters. The person who is asking about Manitoba is not the original poster. It's someone else who hijacked the thread.

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
@Creampop , thanks for your contribution.

Am sorry about the confusion.

My own case is : Am still in my home country but medicals have been done. The medicals indicated that my wife will be due for delivery by end of January. Will this delay issuance of visa?

I had to write on this group because the other guys case is kind of similar to mine.

Our destination is Winnipeg, Manitoba. Are we going to be responsible for the health bill concerning our child?

N.B ( 2 questions raised)

Will be looking forward to your response.
Thank you.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
scylla said:
Creampop -
There are two different posters. The person who is asking about Manitoba is not the original poster. It's someone else who hijacked the thread.
Ahhh TY Scylla guess my insomnia had the best of me I saw the name started with an r... my bad! sorry to you as well rich and running for that matter!

Rich:
being pregnant will not delay the issuance of the visa but, having the baby before the visa is issued and you have landed will cause delays as you would then have to add the baby to the application. the other stuff that I pasted from the Manitoba health care website is still right....