+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-ITA Bank Deposit

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi guys, quick question please.

I deposited $5000 into my bank account back in May & got ITA in July. The source of the money was an asset sale back in November 2022 which I have the sale contract for, but I didn't deposit the money in the bank until May.

Do you think this would raise concerns or won't make a lot of sense for the VO?

On the other side, my monthly salary can make up for this $5000 if saved for 3 months, so if the above solution won't work, is it okay to say that the source of money is from monthly salary despite the fact that I didn't deposit them on monthly basis?

Appreciate your kind replies. Thanks a lot.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi guys, quick question please.

I deposited $5000 into my bank account back in May & got ITA in July. The source of the money was an asset sale back in November 2022 which I have the sale contract for, but I didn't deposit the money in the bank until May.

Do you think this would raise concerns or won't make a lot of sense for the VO?

On the other side, my monthly salary can make up for this $5000 if saved for 3 months, so if the above solution won't work, is it okay to say that the source of money is from monthly salary despite the fact that I didn't deposit them on monthly basis?

Appreciate your kind replies. Thanks a lot.
Be honest about the source I guess. They aren't going to cancel you for lack of funds, they want to make sure that the money is truly really yours. Make sure if they send an ADR for it, you can explain that this amount came through sale of the asset. Lying is the wrong thing to do on your application :)

Reactions: hiato

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Be honest about the source I guess. They aren't going to cancel you for lack of funds, they want to make sure that the money is truly really yours. Make sure if they send an ADR for it, you can explain that this amount came through sale of the asset. Lying is the wrong thing to do on your application :)
Will do, but the difference between the time the sale was done and the deposit won't raise suspensions? I'm going to include and LOE anyway.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Will do, but the difference between the time the sale was done and the deposit won't raise suspensions? I'm going to include and LOE anyway.
It is okay. To reject you(issue you a PFL) for PoF, IRCC will have to say that you don't meet the PoF criteria, which they can't just do with zero evidence.

Reactions: hiato