+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival services

Adv

Jun 20, 2024
Hi
I’m a Pakistani fresh LLB graduate, moving to Canada due to having been married to a Canada citizen.

I have received a “pre-arrival service” letter from IRCC.
I wanted to know the following:

A) Iv sent my educational documents already to the NCA-Canada to review for my lisence as a Canadian barrister, the pre-arrival letter talks about services and help with accreditation of education etc… does that include paying my NCA fee? If so I have already paid for it, can I be reimbursed?

B) if not; is it important to avail those services? I am fluent in English and already getting my education recognised by the responsible Canadian institution, I have family in 3 different provinces there already so I doubt I’ll be needing help to settle in?
I ask because the PPR I received on Friday also emphasised on taking the Pre-arrival services specifying Pakistanis. Also in person lectures that the IOM offers.

if I do no take these since they don’t help me with my NCA, or otherwise, will it affect my PR process?

and if anyone has availed these services ; I’d like to know how and to what extent they are helping?

PS: Iv read the books and videos that were recommended in the PPR email.