+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC reissued for incorrect information

Belle0716

Jul 24, 2024
Hi,

I'm really trying to look everywhere on the internet that could help me with all the questions I have. I hope you can help me.

First, I have a family member who applied for a PRC card. When he received his PRC card, the nationality was incorrect. He requested another PRC together with all the necessary documents showing the correct information. However, when the second card arrived, the nationality had not been corrected. We have been trying to contact IRCC but cannot speak to an agent. We submitted an online request through the web form, but we doubt if it has gone through. What do you think we can do to get the correct card reissued?

Secondly, I found a website titled "Request to Reissue a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) (IMM 5530)" which states the timeframe for applying for a reissued PR Card: "You must submit a request to reissue your PR card within 60 days after receiving your PR Card (if the required correction is already reflected on your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence)." My concern is that it has already been over 60 days since we received the PR card. Can we still follow this process and mail the application? Additionally, the information on the Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence is all correct.

Can you please answer and help us? This has caused us a lot of time and money. Thank you!

Best regards,

Belle

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I'm really trying to look everywhere on the internet that could help me with all the questions I have. I hope you can help me.

First, I have a family member who applied for a PRC card. When he received his PRC card, the nationality was incorrect. He requested another PRC together with all the necessary documents showing the correct information. However, when the second card arrived, the nationality had not been corrected. We have been trying to contact IRCC but cannot speak to an agent. We submitted an online request through the web form, but we doubt if it has gone through. What do you think we can do to get the correct card reissued?

Secondly, I found a website titled "Request to Reissue a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) (IMM 5530)" which states the timeframe for applying for a reissued PR Card: "You must submit a request to reissue your PR card within 60 days after receiving your PR Card (if the required correction is already reflected on your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence)." My concern is that it has already been over 60 days since we received the PR card. Can we still follow this process and mail the application? Additionally, the information on the Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence is all correct.

Can you please answer and help us? This has caused us a lot of time and money. Thank you!

Best regards,

Belle
You can certainly argue that because the second card has the same mistake, if total time is less than 60 days (eg that it's been in your possession), they should do it at their expense and acc to initial procedure.

But why do you care? Doesn't matter at all if nationality is incorrect. Just keep a copy of the COPR on phone or whatever.

Belle0716

Jul 24, 2024
Well, that's why we really want to talk to an agent to process it at their own expense since its their mistake, or go the nearest office but I doubt that since its too far to where he's residing.

Anyways, thank you for your response.