+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRAA

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Hi, has anyone ever had the experience where they were rejected by PRAA, and after a judicial review a judge sent the case back to immigration for a diff officer to re-evaluate cox the first officer actually believed the submissions made but yet denied the case, so after the file was sent back, I was asked to bring in more evidences if I had new ones, which I submitted Feb 9, the deadline was Feb 12, only for me to get a letter yday from the CBSA that a decision has been made, and I have an appointment tomorrow. I’m shocked as they took just a week to re-evaluate, even my lawyer was shocked aswell, what does this mean? I’m so anxious.

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi, has anyone ever had the experience where they were rejected by PRAA, and after a judicial review a judge sent the case back to immigration for a diff officer to re-evaluate cox the first officer actually believed the submissions made but yet denied the case, so after the file was sent back, I was asked to bring in more evidences if I had new ones, which I submitted Feb 9, the deadline was Feb 12, only for me to get a letter yday from the CBSA that a decision has been made, and I have an appointment tomorrow. I’m shocked as they took just a week to re-evaluate, even my lawyer was shocked aswell, what does this mean? I’m so anxious.
Insha allahu you shall receive a positive decision tomorrow

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
Please stay positive. You will get positive results by tomorrow, and please don't forget to share. Would you mind if I ask whether your PRRA was rejected after a hearing or without a hearing?

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Thank you for the kind words!
My PRAA was rejected without a hearing,2021 and I had to go for judicial review, and the judge sent it back.

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
Thank you for the kind words!
My PRAA was rejected without a hearing,2021 and I had to go for judicial review, and the judge sent it back.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I recently had my PRRA hearing just a few days ago. The hearing officer informed me that I will receive a decision from CBSA and that I have the right to appeal. I am a bit shocked. Does this indicate my decision or is it just a script.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Well, I don’t think it indicates your decision, since it wasn’t scripted and u don’t have a deadline on when u can appeal. Cox if it was, he won’t tell you to wait for ur decision, I think he was just letting you know Incase u were denied, u can appeal the decision.

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Any update today

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Congratulations !

I have one question to ask.

You said that you got a letter from CBSA that a decision has been made, and you have an appointment.

My Question: In this letter , Did CBSA ask you to bring all documents to this appointment ? Such as work permit, brown paper ,every document issued by government , including expired ones.

Manpreetk90

Mar 1, 2023
Hi,did you apply for PRRA after your refugee claim was denied?I heard you need to wait for CBSA call for removal and then you can apply for PRRA.And where are you from if you dont mind telling?