+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR without being present in Canada?

Franz Maurer

Sep 4, 2023
Hello,
is there any way to apply for a PR in Canada without being present in the country, if you're over 40 and don't speak French? My EE points are only 240, I have over a year of very recent experience in my NOC in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
is there any way to apply for a PR in Canada without being present in the country, if you're over 40 and don't speak French? My EE points are only 240, I have over a year of very recent experience in my NOC in Canada.
240 is too low for Express Entry so only option is PNP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Unless you have an NOC that is very high demand it will be very difficult if not impossible. Canada favour younger immigrants because we have an ageing population. Had you not researched pathways to PR and scores needed before coming to Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What about RNIP?
Do you have a job offer from the community?
What about RNIP?
You need to get your PR application in by the end of August. Do you have community endorsement because deadline is in 2 days?

• July 31, 2024: Deadline for communities to recommend candidates
  • August 31, 2024: Deadline for candidates to submit a permanent residence application to IRCC

Do you work in Canada? What is your NOC?

Konica Jaswal

Feb 8, 2018
Hi Everyone. A quick question
I got my PR through Express entry FSW(Outland) in Nov 2023 and received my PR card in Jan2024. I lived around 3 months in total in Canada. After that due to some family emergency I had to travel back to India. I want to ask Can I live more than 6 months outside of Canada? Or do I have to travel back before 6 months?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I got my PR through Express entry FSW(Outland) in Nov 2023 and received my PR card in Jan2024. I lived around 3 months in total in Canada. After that due to some family emergency I had to travel back to India. I want to ask Can I live more than 6 months outside of Canada? Or do I have to travel back before 6 months?
There is no "6 months" limitation. You need to meet your RO (for at least 730 days in that 5-year period )

Reactions: Konica Jaswal

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Why hijack someone else's thread? Create your own.

Franz Maurer

Sep 4, 2023
Do you have a job offer from the community?

You need to get your PR application in by the end of August. Do you have community endorsement because deadline is in 2 days?

• July 31, 2024: Deadline for communities to recommend candidates
  • August 31, 2024: Deadline for candidates to submit a permanent residence application to IRCC

Do you work in Canada? What is your NOC?
Well, RCIP is replacing RNIP. Why did you not tell me about it?

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69