+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR withdrawal by spouse without informing. How do I confirm if it is true and what can I do?

honey shah

Aug 26, 2024
Hi, I have been married (registered Aug 3,2023) in Canada to my husband. We got married in India according to tradition on Dec 14, 2023. I have studied at UPenn in US and had a job before I met him so I came back to the US to continue my job on F-1 OPT and got picked in H1b lottery as well but bcz long distance was not desirable, he convinced me to move to Canada as it was better for both of us. He has been an amazing husband and I always trusted him. He had sponsored my PR in Nov 2023 and I moved to Canada in July 2024 end after resigning from my job (H1b gone). But, when I reached there he changed, we had a personal dispute and he and his parents emotionally manipulated me to go to India (my home) for everyone to get some space. I didn’t want to but they mentally pressured me a lot. He gave his word to my father that he would not withdraw the PR bcz I had made my career myself and left everything for him. But after I reached India, a week later I got an email from CIC/CPC mississuaga with a pdf file that my sponsor has withdrawn my PR application and it is now closed. My ircc portal account still shows “in progress” so I am bit confused. He hasn’t been talking openly since then but they have sort of keep us hanging that they will talk. I can’t believe he would do that to me but I need to find out. Does anyone know how long it can take the portal to update the status or if the email could be fake? If it’s true, this is essentially fraud with me. I know he is a citizen and I just have visitor visa so far for Canada. Is there absolutely anything I can do? We had such a strong relationship and I feel so betrayed. My whole life is shattering for no reason. Please advise!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have been married (registered Aug 3,2023) in Canada to my husband. We got married in India according to tradition on Dec 14, 2023. I have studied at UPenn in US and had a job before I met him so I came back to the US to continue my job on F-1 OPT and got picked in H1b lottery as well but bcz long distance was not desirable, he convinced me to move to Canada as it was better for both of us. He has been an amazing husband and I always trusted him. He had sponsored my PR in Nov 2023 and I moved to Canada in July 2024 end after resigning from my job (H1b gone). But, when I reached there he changed, we had a personal dispute and he and his parents emotionally manipulated me to go to India (my home) for everyone to get some space. I didn’t want to but they mentally pressured me a lot. He gave his word to my father that he would not withdraw the PR bcz I had made my career myself and left everything for him. But after I reached India, a week later I got an email from CIC/CPC mississuaga with a pdf file that my sponsor has withdrawn my PR application and it is now closed. My ircc portal account still shows “in progress” so I am bit confused. He hasn’t been talking openly since then but they have sort of keep us hanging that they will talk. I can’t believe he would do that to me but I need to find out. Does anyone know how long it can take the portal to update the status or if the email could be fake? If it’s true, this is essentially fraud with me. I know he is a citizen and I just have visitor visa so far for Canada. Is there absolutely anything I can do? We had such a strong relationship and I feel so betrayed. My whole life is shattering for no reason. Please advise!
I’m sorry but if your relationship has ended but your spouse is required to withdraw the sponsorship application. Allowing you to get PR when your relationship had ended would be considered immigration fraud. When did you get the email informing you of the cancellation? There can be a delay before the system gets updated. You can certainly confirm with IRCC via webform that your application will be cancelled. It may take quite a few weeks to get a reply. Would suggest you monitor your profile to see if it changes in the meantime.

honey shah

Aug 26, 2024
Our relationship has not ended. We are still married and I do not intend or wish for any kind of separation nor did we talk about any such thing. I got the email on Aug 21, 2024z

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If he has chosen to withdraw sponsorship, there is nothing you can do. It is his right to withdraw sponsorship.

Please speak to your husband to find out where things stand.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our relationship has not ended. We are still married and I do not intend or wish for any kind of separation nor did we talk about any such thing. I got the email on Aug 21, 2024z
But it sounded like you are separated:
we had a personal dispute and he and his parents emotionally manipulated me to go to India (my home) for everyone to get some space. I didn’t want to but they mentally pressured me a lot.