+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR VS STUDENT VISA

bangloreguy

Mar 25, 2015
Hi all,
I am waiting for decision from University of Regina for fall 2015 admission into masters program.

I am a mechanical engineer from India with more than 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry.
Recently when I checked my CRS score for express entry, It was 456. But last draw CRS score in Jan-Feb was around 700-800. So I decided to move ahead with student visa.

But, lately lowest CRS score plunged down to 453 which put me in a dilemma. I believe, now I have a good chance in the express entry pool. But if it doesn't workout, my student visa will also be rejected.

Should I join the university and then apply for PR? Will it make any difference in my international student status? Will my tuition fee be changed in the second year? Someone please give me a better idea. I want to make use of the express entry system and also I want to study irrespective of my PR outcome.

Regards,

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
bangloreguy said:
Hi all,
I am waiting for decision from University of Regina for fall 2015 admission into masters program.

I am a mechanical engineer from India with more than 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry.
Recently when I checked my CRS score for express entry, It was 456. But last draw CRS score in Jan-Feb was around 700-800. So I decided to move ahead with student visa.

But, lately lowest CRS score plunged down to 453 which put me in a dilemma. I believe, now I have a good chance in the express entry pool. But if it doesn't workout, my student visa will also be rejected.

Should I join the university and then apply for PR? Will it make any difference in my international student status? Will my tuition fee be changed in the second year? Someone please give me a better idea. I want to make use of the express entry system and also I want to study irrespective of my PR outcome.

Regards,

I think you should go ahead and apply for the study permit. If you are given ITA along the line you should take it as well.
When you do get pr, you tuition will change and you will have to submit a copy of your or to the school to effect the change.

Hope this helps.

bangloreguy

Mar 25, 2015
Kuks87 said:
I think you should go ahead and apply for the study permit. If you are given ITA along the line you should take it as well.
When you do get pr, you tuition will change and you will have to submit a copy of your or to the school to effect the change.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Kuks87

bangloreguy

Mar 25, 2015
Hi
I have decided to go ahead with my student visa plan. Immediately after I land in Canada as an international student, I will fill my express entry profile. I dont want this express entry attempt to spoil my student visa.

However, I havent done my educational credential assessment yet and I am planning to initiate the same by next week. My query is, will visa office be checking the details with credential assessment agencies? (WES) If so, I am afraid they can figure out my immigration plans and may reject my student visa. Please give you suggestions.

Regards,

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloreguy said:
Hi
I have decided to go ahead with my student visa plan. Immediately after I land in Canada as an international student, I will fill my express entry profile. I dont want this express entry attempt to spoil my student visa.

However, I havent done my educational credential assessment yet and I am planning to initiate the same by next week. My query is, will visa office be checking the details with credential assessment agencies? (WES) If so, I am afraid they can figure out my immigration plans and may reject my student visa. Please give you suggestions.

Regards,
Hey! i don't thinks so they will check such information. According to me, you must process all required documents as soon as possible and apply as soon as you can when u inside the Canada for express entry.