+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR VS STUDENT VISA

bangloreguy

Mar 25, 2015
Hi all,
I am waiting for decision from University of Regina for fall 2015 admission into masters program.

I am a mechanical engineer from India with more than 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry.
Recently when I checked my CRS score for express entry, It was 456. But last draw CRS score in Jan-Feb was around 700-800. So I decided to move ahead with student visa.

But, lately lowest CRS score plunged down to 453 which put me in a dilemma. I believe, now I have a good chance in the express entry pool. But if it doesn't workout, my student visa will also be rejected.

Should I join the university and then apply for PR? Will it make any difference in my international student status? Will my tuition fee be changed in the second year? Someone please give me a better idea. I want to make use of the express entry system and also I want to study irrespective of my PR outcome.

Regards,

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
You have pretty good chances of getting ITA in next draw. Get the PR and then study. You will always have an edge over other Visa students.

bangloreguy

Mar 25, 2015
Jkal said:
You have pretty good chances of getting ITA in next draw. Get the PR and then study. You will always have an edge over other Visa students.
Thanks Jkal.

I have decided to go ahead with my student visa plan. Immediately after I land in Canada as an international student, I will fill my express entry profile. I don't want express entry attempt to spoil my student visa.

However, I haven't done my educational credential assessment yet and I am planning to initiate the same by next week. My query is, will visa office be checking the details with credential assessment agencies? (WES) If so, I am afraid they can figure out my immigration plans and may reject my student visa. Please give you suggestions.

Regards,