Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Regulatory Affairs
which airline can we get refund on cancellation of ticket ...my timeline is also same as yours and planning to book ticket now for july with air Canada but passports are getting delayed should i go ahead or not???
Depends on you entirely. Air france has flex economy option where they provide complete refund whenever you cancel the ticket. We have booked with Air canada and can delay the flight date with extra payable charges. So we’re taking our chance rn and hoping that we get the passport till June 17 cos that’ll be a month

Reactions: monika90

mads1396

Jun 5, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a problem. The IRCC received my passport on 17 May. However, it says it is still under processing. I am scheduled to travel to Canada on 14 June. I have an exam there on 18 June which I cannot miss in any circumstances whatsoever. I have written to the IRCC using the webform. Is there any way I can get my passport back even if it has not been stamped yet so that I can travel? I can always send it back to them once I am back (going for only 10 days). I have a valid visitor visa in the passport.

I would be very grateful for your help as I desperately need my passport before 14 June so that I can travel to Canada, whether it has a PR stamp or not.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance!

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hey
I'm in a similar situation. What are our options?
Did anyone get back to you regarding the web form query?
Please put your query in the forum
Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<
You will definitely get legal advice and proper guidance there.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a problem. The IRCC received my passport on 17 May. However, it says it is still under processing. I am scheduled to travel to Canada on 14 June. I have an exam there on 18 June which I cannot miss in any circumstances whatsoever. I have written to the IRCC using the webform. Is there any way I can get my passport back even if it has not been stamped yet so that I can travel? I can always send it back to them once I am back (going for only 10 days). I have a valid visitor visa in the passport.

I would be very grateful for your help as I desperately need my passport before 14 June so that I can travel to Canada, whether it has a PR stamp or not.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance!
Meanwhile discuss your issue with the examination conducting authorities also.

Last edited:

po1995

Mar 11, 2021
Hey
I'm in a similar situation. What are our options?
Did anyone get back to you regarding the web form query?
I haven't received any response as I submitted the webform yesterday. Is there any way to contact the High Commission through phone or just reach there physically?

po1995

Mar 11, 2021
Meanwhile discuss your issue with the examination conducting authorities also.
Which forum is this? The examination authorities won't budge.

mads1396

Jun 5, 2024
I haven't received any response as I submitted the webform yesterday. Is there any way to contact the High Commission through phone or just reach there physically?
I dropped an email to new delhi high commission but they haven't gotten back
Can we request vfs to return it?

po1995

Mar 11, 2021
I dont think so as the passport is with the High Commission now.
I just spoke with the High Commission. They said since the passport is with the IRCC they will not be able to provide any information and there is no other way of contacting the IRCC except through the webform.

monika90

Dec 26, 2023
Depends on you entirely. Air france has flex economy option where they provide complete refund whenever you cancel the ticket. We have booked with Air canada and can delay the flight date with extra payable charges. So we’re taking our chance rn and hoping that we get the passport till June 17 cos that’ll be a month
can we delay flight in standard economy also?? I am getting good deal for july month...its standard pls reply