+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR validity for secondary applicant

drkunalrgupta

Jun 2, 2017
Hey guys. I hope to get a PR by march 2018. My wife is the secondary applicant, who's due to deliver a baby in Feb 2018. My question is that if we undergo medical evaluation in July this year, would it mean that I have to land in Canada before July 2018?? And if I do so, I wouldn't want my newborn and wife to accompany me for a short visit to Canada. Can she postpone her landing? What would be the implications on her PR status? Also, as soon as we have a new member in or family, we'll inform CIC and want to reapply for the new born's PR...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys. I hope to get a PR by march 2018. My wife is the secondary applicant, who's due to deliver a baby in Feb 2018. My question is that if we undergo medical evaluation in July this year, would it mean that I have to land in Canada before July 2018?? And if I do so, I wouldn't want my newborn and wife to accompany me for a short visit to Canada. Can she postpone her landing? What would be the implications on her PR status? Also, as soon as we have a new member in or family, we'll inform CIC and want to reapply for the new born's PR...
Hi

Yes, your COPRs/visas should be valid until around July 2018.

If your app is processed before the baby is born, the best plan is to delay landing, return your documents and add the baby to the app.

drkunalrgupta

Jun 2, 2017
Hi

Yes, your COPRs/visas should be valid until around July 2018.

If your app is processed before the baby is born, the best plan is to delay landing, return your documents and add the baby to the app.
Thanks. But then I guess there's that risk of entering the pool again and not getting points enough to get selected. Am I right?
Also, there's another option.... If we decide to get my wife's xray done after delivery, then our application would be processed after submission of the new medical report... Meanwhile we can also apply for PR of the baby. What is your take on this please? Is this a better option?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. But then I guess there's that risk of entering the pool again and not getting points enough to get selected. Am I right?
Also, there's another option.... If we decide to get my wife's xray done after delivery, then our application would be processed after submission of the new medical report... Meanwhile we can also apply for PR of the baby. What is your take on this please? Is this a better option?
You don't enter the pool again. Your PR app remains in process, you add your child and you all get PR at the same time.

Yes, that is what you need to do if you choose not to have the x-ray done while pregnant.