+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR under the Canadian Experience Class from USA.

ganesh20

Jul 8, 2013
Hi,

Currently I am Canada on a work permit. I have completed one year stay in Canada and I am now eligible for permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class.

But I will be moving to USA soon.

Now, can I apply for permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class from USA? Can you please guide me on the process.

Thanks.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I hope you mean you have completed 12 months of full-time skilled work? Preferable to work a few extra weeks just to give yourself a buffer.

Yes, you can apply for CEC while in the USA. Note that your application has to be mailed to CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Also, you have to select the proper visa office to process your application.

Everything you need to apply under CEC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

ganesh20

Jul 8, 2013
Hi - Thanks for your reply...

Can't I send the documents to Canada for processing?

Also - do I need to submit "Reference Letter" from my company for this and do I need to keep some dollars in my Canada Bank account?

ganesh20

Jul 8, 2013

Also - do I need to submit "Reference Letter" from my company for this and do I need to keep some dollars in my Canada Bank account?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Did you go the website above at all?

Anyway, here's how to find out where to send your application(it takes a little initiative): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp?q=1

Here's the application package: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp
For CEC, there is no need to show proof of funds. Try to read the instruction guide provided.

ganesh20 said:

Can't I send the documents to Canada for processing?

ganesh20

Jul 8, 2013
Hi,

I have gone through Doument checklist. I have a question in - IMM5610E, under section 10 - Work experience in Canada).
<< I have to provide up-to-date letters of reference from your current employers for past 3 years. >>

I can get the letter (with roles and responsibilities) from my company now. How long the "Reference letter" is valid?

It will take another 2-3 months for me to apply for PR from USA. Is that reference still valid after 3 months. Please advise.

My problem is, I CAN NOT get another reference letter from USA after 3 months.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ganesh20 said:
Hi,

I have gone through Doument checklist. I have a question in - IMM5610E, under section 10 - Work experience in Canada).
<< I have to provide up-to-date letters of reference from your current employers for past 3 years. >>

I can get the letter (with roles and responsibilities) from my company now. How long the "Reference letter" is valid?

It will take another 2-3 months for me to apply for PR from USA. Is that reference still valid after 3 months. Please advise.

My problem is, I CAN NOT get another reference letter from USA after 3 months.
The checklist says , the reference letter should be updated... So I guess it shouldn't be no longer then 2 months... I suggest you to apply before you leave ....if something is stopping you let us know, we might help you a bit ... Good luck