+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR status under investigation

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
Hello:

I have landed as a PR in January 19,2011 and then went back home (Lebanon). i re-visited Canada 3 times to see my wife who was a UBC student then became a PR in 2010 and a Canadian citizen in 2013 ( she is the the independent applicant and i am the dependent). finally, i relocated to Canada on January 30, 2015 which was the convenient date to me to relocate and end my business at my original country Lebanon.

i applied to renew my PR as it expires on February 2016 ( unfortunately!!!) while having accumulated only 559 days out of the required 730. i am now under investigation since April 14 2016, CIC vancouver, to determine my PR status.

it happened that i had already booked a flight to Lebanon from April 17, 2016 till 31 may 2016 so i went to the CIC office and submitted the application of status determination (by hand) along with a letter explaining that i would be leaving the country in 3 days which was a very short notice for me to change my plans. the letter reads the following:
------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter because on April 13, 2016, I received by mail a letter from your office instructing me to complete the IMM5511 application form which I did and submitted it, by hand, to your office on April 14, 2016.

I also wanted to inform you that I have made plans to visit my home country for the period extending from April 17, 2016 to May 31, 2016. My wife, ( name), a Canadian citizen, will join me on May 2, 2016 to visit her parents and we will return to Canada together.

My reasons for this planned trip, in order of importance, are the following.
1. Extend the validity of my passport as it will expire on December 1st, 2016.
2. Take an exam and attain my “License” degree in Clarinet at the Higher National Conservatory of Music. This will help me enroll at a School of Music in Canada to further my education.
3. Conclude some dental work that I started in December 2015. (I had 2 implants fixed in my lower jaw but needed up to 4 months for the bone to set before the doctor could insert the crowns.)
4. Check on my mother who has chronic conditions of diabetes and cardiac dysrhythmias.

I kindly ask that you take into consideration the dates that I will be out of town in the event that a CIC officer has concluded that an interview is needed with me to provide further information pertaining to my case. (end of letter)

------------------
the officer their advised me that it was OK ( not a legal advice) and asked me to apply for a PR travel document in my country.

regarding my application, i have explained the reason ( in my PR determining status app and PR TD) why i do not meet the 730 days obligation. following is the letter:
------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

My travel history, item 18 of the application for permanent resident travel document, shows that I have accumulated less than 730 days of physical presence in Canada; this is mainly because January 30, 2015 was the earliest convenient date for me to relocate to Canada. Other circumstances also contributed to my relocating at the above mentioned date, which include:

Originally, the plan was that my wife would land as an independent immigrant, find a job and get well settled before I could join her as a dependent immigrant. My wife landed in October 2010 and it was not before January 2012 that she could find a job as a registered nurse. Two months into commencing her job, her registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia expired and the College directed her to complete a nurse re-entry program in order to process her registration. She completed this program in September 2014. During this time I had to stay behind and support her financially because her course work was substantial and she had no opportunity to work and earn an income.

Another reason I had to remain outside of Canada was that my mother who has chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and heart problems suddenly developed fainting episodes and had to be hospitalized to examine the underlying causes of this fainting. As her health insurance was part of my benefits plan as a regular full-time employee of the (name of institution), my only option was to take care of her at this critical point in her life until her condition stabilized. Currently, she lives with my brother and that is how I managed to relocate to Canada.

Dental work was the third reason I stayed outside Canada. I had mal occluded bite which necessitated that I undergo dento-facial treatment which started in October 2010 and concluded in January 2015. Dental procedures are very expensive in Canada especially if a person does not have benefits from a job and has to pay these expenses out-of-pocket.

Finally, I was enrolled as a student at the Lebanese National Higher Conservatory of Music, majoring in clarinet studies.

-----
currently i am working in Canada and i frequented the school to do English 11 and 12 ( completed successfully), + i am accepted at langara college BC as a computer science student for the fall 2016 term.
-----
My questions are the following:

1. what are my chances that i would be allowed to keep my pr status based on my circumstances?

2. if i apply to a travel document in my country and it is refused, can i fly to US - Seattle and enter the border on foot / private vehicle? ( i have a valid US visa) as i want to be with my wife and i know that they will not allow me to visit her anymore on TRV until a appeal is concluded .

3. any advice??

Thank you
Hishi

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Dates in your post do not make sense. You say you are currently in Canada but you also refer to travel abroad beginning several days ago (April 17).

Overall: if you are still in Canada, it appears that you would be better off figuring out some other way to get the dental work done and staying in Canada.

If you are abroad now, and you have not been in Canada at least 730 days within the last five years, your status is probably significantly at risk.

If you are abroad and apply for a PR Travel Document, and that is denied, you must appeal that or your PR status is terminated. If you lose the appeal, your PR status is terminated.

If you have less than 730 days presence in Canada during the last five years, as of today, or it will be less than 730 while you are abroad, you will be in breach of the PR Residency Obligation and subject to having an application for a PR TD denied (leading to loss of PR status), or reported and issued a Removal Order when you attempt to return to Canada by private vehicle across the U.S. and Canada border. A Removal Order will similarly result in loss of PR status unless you appeal and win the appeal.

Even if you meet the minimum but are cutting it close, well, cutting it close is cutting it close, and a decision-maker might not see all the facts the same way you do. Risky to go abroad even if you meet the PR RO but are cutting it close.

I do not know how your plea for what amounts to H&C consideration will play.

If you lose PR status, your Canadian spouse should be able to sponsor you again.

You may be able to meet the PR RO if your Canadian citizen spouse accompanies you abroad long enough to meet the PR RO.

There are a lot of specific facts and circumstances which could have a big impact on how things actually go, but at minimum it looks like you have not yet been in compliance with the PR RO and thus at the least are at significant risk of losing PR status, and that risk looms larger if you are now abroad or you go abroad.

Hishi said:
Hello:

I have landed as a PR in January 19,2011 and then went back home (Lebanon). i re-visited Canada 3 times to see my wife who was a UBC student then became a PR in 2010 and a Canadian citizen in 2013 ( she is the the independent applicant and i am the dependent). finally, i relocated to Canada on January 30, 2015 which was the convenient date to me to relocate and end my business at my original country Lebanon.

i applied to renew my PR as it expires on February 2016 ( unfortunately!!!) while having accumulated only 559 days out of the required 730. i am now under investigation since April 14 2016, CIC vancouver, to determine my PR status.

it happened that i had already booked a flight to Lebanon from April 17, 2016 till 31 may 2016 so i went to the CIC office and submitted the application of status determination (by hand) along with a letter explaining that i would be leaving the country in 3 days which was a very short notice for me to change my plans. the letter reads the following:
------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter because on April 13, 2016, I received by mail a letter from your office instructing me to complete the IMM5511 application form which I did and submitted it, by hand, to your office on April 14, 2016.

I also wanted to inform you that I have made plans to visit my home country for the period extending from April 17, 2016 to May 31, 2016. My wife, ( name), a Canadian citizen, will join me on May 2, 2016 to visit her parents and we will return to Canada together.

My reasons for this planned trip, in order of importance, are the following.
1. Extend the validity of my passport as it will expire on December 1st, 2016.
2. Take an exam and attain my “License” degree in Clarinet at the Higher National Conservatory of Music. This will help me enroll at a School of Music in Canada to further my education.
3. Conclude some dental work that I started in December 2015. (I had 2 implants fixed in my lower jaw but needed up to 4 months for the bone to set before the doctor could insert the crowns.)
4. Check on my mother who has chronic conditions of diabetes and cardiac dysrhythmias.

I kindly ask that you take into consideration the dates that I will be out of town in the event that a CIC officer has concluded that an interview is needed with me to provide further information pertaining to my case. (end of letter)

------------------
the officer their advised me that it was OK ( not a legal advice) and asked me to apply for a PR travel document in my country.

regarding my application, i have explained the reason ( in my PR determining status app and PR TD) why i do not meet the 730 days obligation. following is the letter:
------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

My travel history, item 18 of the application for permanent resident travel document, shows that I have accumulated less than 730 days of physical presence in Canada; this is mainly because January 30, 2015 was the earliest convenient date for me to relocate to Canada. Other circumstances also contributed to my relocating at the above mentioned date, which include:

Originally, the plan was that my wife would land as an independent immigrant, find a job and get well settled before I could join her as a dependent immigrant. My wife landed in October 2010 and it was not before January 2012 that she could find a job as a registered nurse. Two months into commencing her job, her registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia expired and the College directed her to complete a nurse re-entry program in order to process her registration. She completed this program in September 2014. During this time I had to stay behind and support her financially because her course work was substantial and she had no opportunity to work and earn an income.

Another reason I had to remain outside of Canada was that my mother who has chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and heart problems suddenly developed fainting episodes and had to be hospitalized to examine the underlying causes of this fainting. As her health insurance was part of my benefits plan as a regular full-time employee of the (name of institution), my only option was to take care of her at this critical point in her life until her condition stabilized. Currently, she lives with my brother and that is how I managed to relocate to Canada.

Dental work was the third reason I stayed outside Canada. I had mal occluded bite which necessitated that I undergo dento-facial treatment which started in October 2010 and concluded in January 2015. Dental procedures are very expensive in Canada especially if a person does not have benefits from a job and has to pay these expenses out-of-pocket.

Finally, I was enrolled as a student at the Lebanese National Higher Conservatory of Music, majoring in clarinet studies.

-----
currently i am working in Canada and i frequented the school to do English 11 and 12 ( completed successfully), + i am accepted at langara college BC as a computer science student for the fall 2016 term.
-----
My questions are the following:

1. what are my chances that i would be allowed to keep my pr status based on my circumstances?

2. if i apply to a travel document in my country and it is refused, can i fly to US - Seattle and enter the border on foot / private vehicle? ( i have a valid US visa) as i want to be with my wife and i know that they will not allow me to visit her anymore on TRV until a appeal is concluded .

3. any advice??

Thank you
Hishi

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
Thank you dpenabill for your kind information.

i am currently out of Canada, i left on April 17, 2016 and intent to go back Canada on may 31, 2016 and my intention is to apply for a PRTD to do so, and follow up on my case in vancouver office.

let me take the worst case scenario that i am denied a PRDT in Lebanon, and i appeal the decision; will i be issued a PRDT by the same office then to go back to Canada?

Regards,

Hishi.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hishi said:
Thank you dpenabill for your kind information.

i am currently out of Canada, i left on April 17, 2016 and intent to go back Canada on may 31, 2016 and my intention is to apply for a PRTD to do so, and follow up on my case in vancouver office.

let me take the worst case scenario that i am denied a PRDT in Lebanon, and i appeal the decision; will i be issued a PRDT by the same office then to go back to Canada?

Regards,

Hishi.
As long as you have been in Canada within a year of making the PR TD application, yes you will be eligible for a special PR TD allowing you to return to Canada pending appeal for denied PR TD application.

If you are short of 730 days within the last five years, and do not have strong H&C reasons for not having returned to Canada sooner, denial of the PR TD is not just the worst case scenario, it is the most likely (almost certain) scenario. You probably want to make plans accordingly.

Even if on the face of things you do not have strong H&C reasons, you probably should make an effort to present the best H&C case you can in the PR TD application itself. However, even though any explanation for why you remained abroad so long is relevant in the assessment of H&C reasons, staying abroad for business reasons tends to not help much (some here seem to say job or business reasons will not be considered, but that is contrary to what the operational manual states and actual decision-makers say in the official decisions, with emphasis that all factors must be considered; problem is, consideration of such factors might not help much, particularly given how flexible and generous the PR RO itself is).

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
dpenabill said:
As long as you have been in Canada within a year of making the PR TD application, yes you will be eligible for a special PR TD allowing you to return to Canada pending appeal for denied PR TD application.

If you are short of 730 days within the last five years, and do not have strong H&C reasons for not having returned to Canada sooner, denial of the PR TD is not just the worst case scenario, it is the most likely (almost certain) scenario. You probably want to make plans accordingly.

Even if on the face of things you do not have strong H&C reasons, you probably should make an effort to present the best H&C case you can in the PR TD application itself. However, even though any explanation for why you remained abroad so long is relevant in the assessment of H&C reasons, staying abroad for business reasons tends to not help much (some here seem to say job or business reasons will not be considered, but that is contrary to what the operational manual states and actual decision-makers say in the official decisions, with emphasis that all factors must be considered; problem is, consideration of such factors might not help much, particularly given how flexible and generous the PR RO itself is).
dpenabill said:

Thank you so much for your information. It has really helped me to understand clearly where do i stand with regards to my case so i can anticipate the next steps of CIC. However, i have one final question and i will decide what to do based on the answer:

My PR RO is under review from CIC in Vancouver since 14 April 2016 but i haven't received anything from them yet regarding my case; i think it takes a month or so. Do you think it is wiser and better that i do not apply for a PRTD in my country and just fly to Seattle and enter the border with my expired PR / or PR confirmation and tell them on the border that my PR is being renewed since February 13, 2016 and i haven't received it yet?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Yours,
Hishi

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hishi said:
Thank you so much for your information. It has really helped me to understand clearly where do i stand with regards to my case so i can anticipate the next steps of CIC. However, i have one final question and i will decide what to do based on the answer:

My PR RO is under review from CIC in Vancouver since 14 April 2016 but i haven't received anything from them yet regarding my case; i think it takes a month or so. Do you think it is wiser and better that i do not apply for a PRTD in my country and just fly to Seattle and enter the border with my expired PR / or PR confirmation and tell them on the border that my PR is being renewed since February 13, 2016 and i haven't received it yet?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Yours,
Hishi
I am no expert and I am especially NOT qualified to give personal advice. How you proceed now is very much a personal decision.

Obviously, if you can travel via the U.S., that is the easier and quicker route to return to Canada.

In contrast, in your circumstances, it may take awhile for the visa office to make a decision on the PR TD application, and if denied then you must appeal, and then apply for the special PR TD to return to Canada pending the appeal. All of which takes time.

But do not under estimate what is likely to happen at the POE at a land-crossing with the U.S. I cannot say for sure that you will be examined regarding the PR Residency Obligation at the PoE, but my guess is that this is likely, and that the outcome is likely to be a 44(1) inadmissibility report followed by the issuance of a Removal Order. You will be allowed to enter Canada. You can then appeal the Removal Order. And while the appeal is pending, continue to live and work in Canada with PR status.

In the past, there have been many reports suggesting officers at the PoE tended to be more open, flexible, if not outright more lenient in terms of assessing H&C reasons for waiving failures to comply with the PR RO. More recent reports suggest this is no longer the case, or at least that the extent of leniency at the PoE is not so much as before.

Nonetheless, if you elect to go that route, again put together your best account to affirmatively show what dates you have been in Canada (do not make any misrepresentations about this -- misrepresentations at PoE about residency obligation compliance are being prosecuted) and to explain (honestly explain) why you were outside Canada so much. With a spouse in Canada, with finally having settled in Canada, with an intent to remain settled in Canada, you should have some chance of persuading the border officers to let you in without being reported.

The importance of this is that once back in Canada, if you have not been reported then the days you are in Canada will count toward complying with the PR RO. And if you reach the 730 days in Canada threshold before any 44(1) Report or Removal Order (or denial of PR TD application) happens, you would then be in compliance and your PR status OK.

On the other hand, if you are reported at the border (or if you apply for a PR TD and it is denied), future days in Canada will NOT count toward compliance with the PR RO. You will need to win the appeal, either of the Removal Order (if that is issued at the border) or of the PR TD denial, in order to retain PR status.

In the meantime: regarding the PR card application in process, probably no reason to hold your breath about that. A decision is not likely any time soon. And, frankly, the longer it is the better, if you can get back into Canada without being reported at the border or having to appeal a PR TD denial. You need some more days credit in Canada.

Note that both the visa office (if you apply for PR TD) and the PoE/border officers (if you come to Canada by land from the U.S.) are very likely to see the fact you have a pending PR card application in secondary review, which is part of why I would expect the border officers to issue a Report and Removal Order, or the visa office to deny the PR TD application.

Reminder: be totally upfront and honest. That is your best strategy: to be someone deserving leniency. You are in breach of the PR RO. No way around that now. Be straight about how long you have been abroad and why, and yes that will leave your fate up to the officer but that is the best you can do at this stage, now that you have left Canada while in breach of the PR RO.

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
dpenabill said:
But do not under estimate what is likely to happen at the POE at a land-crossing with the U.S. I cannot say for sure that you will be examined regarding the PR Residency Obligation at the PoE, but my guess is that this is likely, and that
Reminder: be totally upfront and honest. That is your best strategy: to be someone deserving leniency. You are in breach of the PR RO. No way around that now. Be straight about how long you have been abroad and why, and yes that will leave your fate up to the officer but that is the best you can do at this stage, now that you have left Canada while in breach of the PR RO.
Thank you for your ample information . I have decided to enter Canada through the Seattle border and hope to make it through unreported, but i am ready for worst.

i will post in details what happens with me at the border so it will be something that others in my situation can profit and learn from.

Again Thank you.

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
dpenabill said:
I am no expert and I am especially NOT qualified to give personal advice. How you proceed now is very much a personal decision.

Obviously, if you can travel via the U.S., that is the easier and quicker route to return to Canada.[...]

But do not under estimate what is likely to happen at the POE at a land-crossing with the U.S. I cannot say for sure that you will be examined regarding the PR Residency Obligation at the PoE, but my guess is that this is likely, and that the outcome is likely to be a 44(1) inadmissibility report followed by the issuance of a Removal Order. You will be allowed to enter Canada. You can then appeal the Removal Order. And while the appeal is pending, continue to live and work in Canada with PR status.[...]

On the other hand, if you are reported at the border (or if you apply for a PR TD and it is denied), future days in Canada will NOT count toward compliance with the PR RO. You will need to win the appeal, either of the Removal Order (if that is issued at the border) or of the PR TD denial, in order to retain PR status.[...]

Note that both the visa office (if you apply for PR TD) and the PoE/border officers (if you come to Canada by land from the U.S.) are very likely to see the fact you have a pending PR card application in secondary review, which is part of why I would expect the border officers to issue a Report and Removal Order, or the visa office to deny the PR TD application.

Hi again,
i will travel to Canada next week (via pacific hwy - surrey) and i am prepared emotionally to face the 44(1) if that is the worst case scenario at the POE.

I have with me all documents pertaining to my case as well as a narrative that summarizes the facts of why i stayed outside Canada. So, i will be able to answer all questions at the POE and prove it with documents.

i am a bit confused about " inadmissibility Hearing" after being reported that might be negative which leads to a removal order, which then can be appealed to the IAD.

My question is: The inadmissibility hearing is a step after a 44(1) and before a removal order is issued? so the sequence is the following: 44(1) ---> inadmissibility hearing -----> removal order (in case of negative decision) ---> appeal the removal order to the IAD ?

FINALLY: will the submission of a sponsorship application from within Canada filed by my wife; will it stop the removal order in case it is in effect?

Thank you.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hishi said:
Hi again,
i will travel to Canada next week (via pacific hwy - surrey) and i am prepared emotionally to face the 44(1) if that is the worst case scenario at the POE.

I have with me all documents pertaining to my case as well as a narrative that summarizes the facts of why i stayed outside Canada. So, i will be able to answer all questions at the POE and prove it with documents.

i am a bit confused about " inadmissibility Hearing" after being reported that might be negative which leads to a removal order, which then can be appealed to the IAD.

My question is: The inadmissibility hearing is a step after a 44(1) and before a removal order is issued? so the sequence is the following: 44(1) ---> inadmissibility hearing -----> removal order (in case of negative decision) ---> appeal the removal order to the IAD ?

FINALLY: will the submission of a sponsorship application from within Canada filed by my wife; will it stop the removal order in case it is in effect?

Thank you.

How it goes at the Port of Entry can vary a lot.

As noted before, I cannot forecast whether you will be waived into Canada without issue or subject to a PR Residency Obligation examination. As also noted, there is a substantial risk of being examined.

PRs who are easily identified as being in breach of the PR RO will be referred to Secondary, and in Secondary an officer will ask questions about how much time the PR has been in Canada. That officer decides whether or not to issue a 44(1) Report. If that officer issues the 44(1) Report, the typical scenario is that the report is immediately handled by another officer, such as the first officer's superior. That officer then gives the PR an opportunity to challenge the report or to explain H&C reasons. That officer, who is acting as the Minister's delegate, then decides whether to issue a Removal Order (sometimes described as a Departure Order) or not. If the Removal Order is issued, it is delivered to the PR and the time within which an appeal must be made begins.

There are, however, variations in how this goes. The first officer might choose to not issue the 44(1) Report, but could nonetheless make a record that in effect reports a suspected PR RO breach to the local office of IRCC. IRCC then decides whether to follow-up on this and how to follow-up. IRCC could still issue a 44(1) Report, for example, such as after calling the PR in for an interview. In this scenario, the PR is allowed to enter Canada, probably after giving contact information, and then will be contacted later by IRCC (or, at least, a notice will be sent to the contact information provided, and of course a failure to appear is likely to result in a negative decision).

Alternatively, the first officer might issue the 44(1) Report but another officer acting as the Minister's delegate might not be available, so the PR is allowed to enter Canada and again there will likely then be a follow-up during which the PR is contacted and given an opportunity to challenge the report or to explain H&C reasons.

But in the last couple years, the typical scenario appears to be one officer issues the inadmissibility report, followed almost immediately by an interview with another officer, one acting as the Minister's delegate, who is then the one issuing the Removal Order. The contact with the second officer, the Minister's delegate, may be telephonic rather than in person (such as where an officer acting as the Minister's delegate is not available at the PoE at that time). Personally I would prefer an in-person interview, and thus would choose crossing at a main PoE and make the crossing during ordinary daytime hours.

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
I crossed the border without any problem on June 1st,2016 at 1:30 PM via Blaine truck crossing POE:

I arrived to Seattle, WA on May 31, 2016 at 6:00 PM then then connected by plane to Bellingham International Airport, WA at 9:45 pm. Since my total trip time was 25 hours, i decided to spend the night in a nearby motel.

the next day, I took a cab to the border crossing which dropped me within 25-meter distance of the POE. At the time i crossed, there were some bus travelers checking in. I entered the building just about when the last of them was crossing the building toward their bus; there were 3 officers. i stopped for a minute to get my documents out of my backpack. One of the officers called me to his desk. I approached him.

I gave him both my passport and my expired PR and at the same time, i prepared in my hand the boarding passes from and to Canada in order to prove when i left and returned, in case he asked. Also, i prepared a copy of my Canadian wife passport to show it to him too. the following dialogue took place between us:

Officer: How did you get here and where is your customs declaration?
Me: I arrived by Cab coming from bellingham and i don't have a declaration form

Officer: how long have you been out of Canada ?
Me: 43 days - April 17, 2016 ; these are my boarding passes to prove it ( i showed him the passes. he had a quick look on them)

Officer: (noticed that i arrived a day before to the US) Why did you spend a day in the US? why didn't you check in yesterday? ( In a serious tone)
Me: i was so tired to cross yesterday as my trip took me 25 hours and i needed to have something to eat, sleep, and rest.

Officer: Why did you leave Canada?
Me: i got myself a new passport ( he checked the issue date on my new passport), got some documents required by Canada transport ( i applied to an seaport clearance as i will work there soon), and sat for my final exam at my country's music academy...

Officer: ( his body language and his eyes showed me that he noticed my expired PR and the secondary review on his screen)
Me: ( in anticipation to his next question i added that...) i have also gathered some documents including my mother's medical file, and my own medical file as i will need them for my interview at the CIC office in vancouver; i will be having an appointment probably within 3 months at that office and the PR will be handed to me in person when renewed i assume.

Officer: (he read the screen information for less than a minute) Show me the receipts for your application renewal.
Me: I showed him 2 original receipts of submitting documents by hand dated April 14 2016 and showed him the empty envelop that i received from PR unit in vancouver.

Officer: (Typed something on his screen (one or two words)) OK you're in
Me: Do you want me to fill the declaration form?

Officer: No.
Me: Thank you sir, have a good day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now i have my secondary review interview at vancouver PR unit to take care of when the time is due. i hope this will go easy too. as of today, i have accumulated 553 days / 730 days.

Hishi

Apr 22, 2016
Hishi said:
I crossed the border without any problem on June 1st,2016 at 1:30 PM via Blaine truck crossing POE:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now i have my secondary review interview at vancouver PR unit to take care of when the time is due. i hope this will go easy too. as of today, i have accumulated 553 days / 730 days.
Hello again,

I received a letter from the PR unit for an interview next July 2016; it says, in short, that it appears that i have not accumulated 730 days within 5 years as per my application to renew my PR card.

The officer is requesting me to show up on the specified date in July and bring with me any additional document(s) to present regardless of the fact that i have breached the 730 days rule, in order to explain why i was outside Canada.

The interview is less than a month away. Any information on how to handle the questions during the interview? or at least, any information about the type of questions asked?
Finally, i am well established now in Canada( married to a Canadian, have a tenancy agreement, work part time, and enrolled in college)

Please advise the soonest.

Best Regards,
HISHI

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Hishi said:
Hello again,

I received a letter from the PR unit for an interview next July 2016; it says, in short, that it appears that i have not accumulated 730 days within 5 years as per my application to renew my PR card.

The officer is requesting me to show up on the specified date in July and bring with me any additional document(s) to present regardless of the fact that i have breached the 730 days rule, in order to explain why i was outside Canada.

The interview is less than a month away. Any information on how to handle the questions during the interview? or at least, any information about the type of questions asked?
Finally, i am well established now in Canada( married to a Canadian, have a tenancy agreement, work part time, and enrolled in college)

Best Regards,
HISHI
Why they call you for interview

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Hishi said:
Because i am in breach of my PR obligation. this meeting is to determine if i keep my PR status or Not, based upon the answers i give and the documents i provide during the meeting. H&C
Can you please explain little more
What did you breach ( residency requirement)

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hishi said:
Hello again,

Best Regards,
HISHI
Hi Hishi,

Would it be possible to update the forum on the proceedings of your interview? In my situation, my husband is facing CIC for breach of RO in few days and being from Lebanon too, your feedback could help in preparation for us and for others.