+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR sponsorship

arwa977

Jul 26, 2024
hello, I recently found out that my relatives can sponsor me to come to Canada and get a PR, I have multiple Canadian relatives who hold the Canadian passport. My aunt and her kids all hold Canadian passports But she doesn't live in Canada, and I want to study there I was thinking she could sponsor me for a PR to be able to pay less and work there, and potentially live there as well. Can she sponsor me for a PR or not?

I also have a distance relative like (my dads uncle) who is a permanent Canadian citizen and holds the passport and has been living there his whole life, can he sponsor me?

both my parents are alive btw

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello, I recently found out that my relatives can sponsor me to come to Canada and get a PR, I have multiple Canadian relatives who hold the Canadian passport. My aunt and her kids all hold Canadian passports But she doesn't live in Canada, and I want to study there I was thinking she could sponsor me for a PR to be able to pay less and work there, and potentially live there as well. Can she sponsor me for a PR or not?

I also have a distance relative like (my dads uncle) who is a permanent Canadian citizen and holds the passport and has been living there his whole life, can he sponsor me?

No she cannot sponsor you. She needs to live in Canada, and have no children, spouse, parents and other relatives who are living. So uncle has not family - children, spouse, parents, other relatives in Canada?

If you want to study in Canada, then apply, get PAL, pay fees and show funds you can afford studies. Justify costs with higher pay and education progression when you return home.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
you sure? why not
lol u asked a question got an answer and saying if he’s sure, phew… if u know that much don’t ask questions then go ahead and have your aunt & uncle start the sponsorship you’ll get through and get PR in 3 months :)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

There is NO sponsorship available for an aunt to sponsor a nephew or niece to become PR even if she lives in Canada. She has kids and is not alone.
Your dad's uncle is too distance relative to sponsor you.

Family Class sponsorship is mainly for spouses/common law partners to sponsor. Or parents sponsoring their underage/dependent children.

You can ask your aunt for money to pay international fee and apply to study in Canada. Then with the education and experience, you may be able to immigrate to Canada eventually. But that's NOT a guarantee.