+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR/Sponsorship Application Returned with No Reason Why (2024)

Reji.S

Apr 30, 2024
Hello there,

I'm just seeking maybe some info / clarification / other folks' experiences with this. I submitted a Permanent Resident Application (via spousal sponsorship) a couple weeks ago and basically:

1) I got an email notice today saying that the application status has changed. It said there would be a secondary email with more details and further actions to take, etc. (I have NOT yet received this email, I've checked Spam/Junk multiple times—browsing online for answers, it seems other people sometimes don't ever receive this secondary email). It directed me to log into the portal to see the update.

2) Assuming there would be clarification in the portal, I logged in to see that my application was 'RETURNED'. I clicked on View, scrolled through the list and the only thing I saw (or thought I saw) as INCOMPLETE was the Consent & Declaration at the very bottom. I thought that was odd as I could've sworn and remembered I filled that in and electronically signed it the first time. So I re-signed the C&D, and resubmitted the entire PR application.

However, I'm now having doubts as to whether this was the actual reason my application was returned. Without that secondary email, I assumed it was the C&D because it was the only thing that clearly said INCOMPLETE. I have no way of checking now as I've resubmitted the PR application...

I'm wondering if the Consent & Declaration is automatically reset if there is something else in your application that is incomplete/incorrect, and that maybe I erred in assuming it was only the Consent & Declaration which was incomplete.

I have filled out a contact form through the proper channels to ask about this, but I'm wondering what others' experiences are. Maybe just seeking some reassurance. I'm normally very, very careful when completing complex applications like this—I triple-check everything!—so it surprised me when it appeared I forgot to submit the Consent & Declaration. I'm actually hoping that was actually all that held my application back, though, and that it wasn't something else I missed.

Am I also correct in assuming that if anything in the application was actually INCOMPLETE, that the form would be automatically rejected by the system and maybe reload the page with an error warning at the top saying something to the measure of "Some sections of your application are incomplete, please correct this" ?

Thank you anyone, for any insight!

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Personally I would have waited for the secondary email from them before trying to resubmit your application based on what you THOUGHT the issue was. It might have complicated matters to be honest. Maybe it WAS because of the unsigned Consent & Declaration, but you wouldn't know for sure until they actually emailed you. Check your spam box too incase any secondary email has gone there by mistake.

Reji.S

Apr 30, 2024
Personally I would have waited for the secondary email from them before trying to resubmit your application based on what you THOUGHT the issue was. It might have complicated matters to be honest. Maybe it WAS because of the unsigned Consent & Declaration, but you wouldn't know for sure until they actually emailed you. Check your spam box too incase any secondary email has gone there by mistake.
Normally I would have waited but I was not in a clear state this morning and I thought it would be more obvious notice in the portal. In my original post, I did state that I have checked the Spam folder multiple times, as of right now still nothing and I will be keeping an extremely close eye on it. Thanks for your input.

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Normally I would have waited but I was not in a clear state this morning and I thought it would be more obvious notice in the portal. In my original post, I did state that I have checked the Spam folder multiple times, as of right now still nothing and I will be keeping an extremely close eye on it. Thanks for your input.
Those portals can be a little confusing sometimes I agree. I mean, in my portal account (I'm the Applicant) I look at "Eligibility" and think: "is that eligibility for ME or eligibility for my husband (the sponsor)?" Their explanations are a little vague.