+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR RESIDENCY ISSUE

SSDHANI

May 9, 2016
I had landed with my family on 02 jun 2014 and got PR cards with validity up to 23 Jul 19 .My wife and kids already met their RO time period of two years in Jul 17 itself however I as prinicipal applicant has completed only 95 days till date.

Kindly advise my on the following points.

1. If I can still complete my RO upto Jul 19 ?
2. 2 years period to be completed by validity on PR card or date of landing ?
3. If I have not met my RO,What are the options left for me to get the PR again and is there fair chance for getting it again ?
4. Or any other option left for me to join my family

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I had landed with my family on 02 jun 2014 and got PR cards with validity up to 23 Jul 19 .My wife and kids already met their RO time period of two years in Jul 17 itself however I as prinicipal applicant has completed only 95 days till date.

Kindly advise my on the following points.

1. If I can still complete my RO upto Jul 19 ?
2. 2 years period to be completed by validity on PR card or date of landing ?
No, the expiry date on your PR card is irrelevant to calculating the RO. The only date that matters is date of landing.

If you landed June 2, 2014 and have 95 days residency up to now and are currently outside Canada, you'll be in violation of the RO starting somewhere around Sept 5, 2017.

After this time, even with a valid PR card you can be reported upon entry to Canada for not meeting RO, which will start process to revoke your PR status.

3. If I have not met my RO,What are the options left for me to get the PR again and is there fair chance for getting it again ?
4. Or any other option left for me to join my family
If you enter Canada without being reported, you can live here 2 years without leaving to come back into compliance with the RO and then apply to renew PR card. This will have better chance if you traveled before PR card expires.

Or you can renounce your PR status (or if it's revoked), and have your spouse sponsor you for PR again.

SSDHANI

May 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply sir,
Pl advise if I apply for PR again Thru sponsorship from wife, will it Done easily in routine or they might take some view of my earlier PR RO not met ?
Also is my wife needs some financial backing for sponsoring me ?
How much time it will take for getting PR again?