+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR rejection on a techincally

Mich_nl

Jan 31, 2014
Hi All

Wondering if anyone would be able to provide some info.

My application for PR was in, initially approved to get the medical done/pay fees then rejected a week later by a senior officer. It was due to a technically based on the date when my employment letter was written (indicating i hadn't meet the yr work experience though I have). I work contracts and the letter was dated 5 days before I was actually due to start my next contract (this was missed by the lawyers handling my case and the first officer reviewing the case). When he was contacted he didn't give us a chance to amend or resubmit the paperwork as it was really an unfortunate mistake. He was curt and abrupt with the lawyers. We are now scrambling to determine what my options are as my post-grad permit is exipiring.

Does any one know if contacting a MP would cause them to re-look at my application or if there is an appeal process (the lawyers said there isn't) but I want to make sure I've explored all my options.

Thanks
Thanks

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Mich_nl said:
Hi All

Wondering if anyone would be able to provide some info.

My application for PR was in, initially approved to get the medical done/pay fees then rejected a week later by a senior officer. It was due to a technically based on the date when my employment letter was written (indicating i hadn't meet the yr work experience though I have). I work contracts and the letter was dated 5 days before I was actually due to start my next contract (this was missed by the lawyers handling my case and the first officer reviewing the case). When he was contacted he didn't give us a chance to amend or resubmit the paperwork as it was really an unfortunate mistake. He was curt and abrupt with the lawyers. We are now scrambling to determine what my options are as my post-grad permit is exipiring.

Does any one know if contacting a MP would cause them to re-look at my application or if there is an appeal process (the lawyers said there isn't) but I want to make sure I've explored all my options.

Thanks
Thanks
Did you get AOR and then afterwards Medical Request but eventually rejected? Or did you do medicals upfront without CIC asking for them? I'm asking because the former is very rare.

Either way, my suggestion would be to submit a new complete application as soon as possible. I'm sure there is an appeal process somewhere but it would generally take quite a while longer than a new application. Of course each case is different.

When is your PGWP expiring? If you re-apply and get AOR before that expires, you would be able to get a Bridging Open Work Permit.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The issue is that a contract doesn't prove you have completed the work for the periods mentioned - a reference letter does.

The officer relies on the information in the letter from the employer.

The only hope you have is to get an updated ref. letter and provide it along with an explanation letter to CIC. They may reopen it, they may not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't waste your time with the MP. MPs cannot reverse or change decisions.

I agree with what others have recommended. Send an updated letter with the correct date and an explanation and try to get the file reopened. If that doesn't work, submit a new application as soon as you can.

Good luck.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
1.Apply again..People are getting PPR around 10 months.
2. After that send request for your old application, they can take forever on this request and after 8 month may end up saying no.

Mich_nl

Jan 31, 2014
Thank you

The goal is to reapply but also to explore all avenues as well as we work frantically to get things in place.

Good luck everyone with your own applications.

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you shared the letter for experience please?
what the officer said in the letter?