+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing delays

Jinalshah

Apr 10, 2018
INDIA
AOR 4th of April
Medical cleared on 12th of same month
No updates since - GCMS notes arrived on 23th August - that indicated that one of my job documents lacks duties. However it further also mentions that if we exclude that particular job, I still make 462 points which is more than cut off when I received invitation. Now all these was done at eligibility level - IP1- by an initial level agent and yet to be reviewed by the senior level agent and then the file file will move further to IP2. The junior level agent put all these notes on May and forwarded it to senior level. Now its been 3 months and nothing, not even a single thing, has happened after that. No queries, no extra document request, nothing. Just dont understand as in why? If it had been lying there for like 15 days, I would have been able to understand. Right now its so stressful to think about all this.

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
AOR 4th of April
Medical cleared on 12th of same month
No updates since - GCMS notes arrived on 23th August - that indicated that one of my job documents lacks duties. However it further also mentions that if we exclude that particular job, I still make 462 points which is more than cut off when I received invitation. Now all these was done at eligibility level - IP1- by an initial level agent and yet to be reviewed by the senior level agent and then the file file will move further to IP2. The junior level agent put all these notes on May and forwarded it to senior level. Now its been 3 months and nothing, not even a single thing, has happened after that. No queries, no extra document request, nothing. Just dont understand as in why? If it had been lying there for like 15 days, I would have been able to understand. Right now its so stressful to think about all this.
My AOR is Oct 13th 2017. There has been no smallest update since Jan, when I was asked to submit supporting documents related to my previous employment. I have had several correspondence with IRCC and they just said more verification is required! Seems that it's normal that the main officer just throw some files away and get back to them once they find it few years later in the dust!

Reactions: Jinalshah

Jinalshah

Apr 10, 2018
INDIA
My AOR is Oct 13th 2017. There has been no smallest update since Jan, when I was asked to submit supporting documents related to my previous employment. I have had several correspondence with IRCC and they just said more verification is required! Seems that it's normal that the main officer just throw some files away and get back to them once they find it few years later in the dust!
I felt the same. However, I have recently got to know that they cant just put a file aside without a reason. They are answerable and have to finish the work ASAP. But who knows what is it as different head, different assumption/belief/knowledge. No one has a proper answer as in what must be the issue. Somebody told me cz I have 6 months of gap in my career that's why! I make 487 points. Yes, I did struggle to find a job in between but I still managed to do good otherwise and that's the reason for that score.

Last edited:

Di@

Mar 14, 2019
Hello,
I applied for PR last year following an express entry application.
I submitted all my documents in February 05, 2017. It's been 1 full year and they are still telling me that they are doing my background check. I was born in Turkey. Some of my Turkish friends are having similar delays.
Is it common for Turkish applicants?
Thank you