+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR opportunity after year PG Diploma in BC

psmangat

May 11, 2016
Hi all,

I am thinking of doing Post Graduate Diploma of 2 years in Business Administration Post Degree Diploma- Global Business Management . I think it will give me 3 years work permit. what are opportunities to get PR after this course. BTW I am a Banker here in India with 2 years experience

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The course itself is unlikely to help much with PR but at least will give opportunity for a PGWP where aim should be to build skilled Canadian work experience to support a PR application.

psmangat

May 11, 2016
I have mechanical Engineering degree and PG diploma in Industrial engineering but i am working in a bank from last 2 years. should I opt for a course related to mechanical or a business course will do?

psmangat

May 11, 2016
Global Business Management course is also available in Humber College Toronto.. should i go to north island college or humber college?

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hey psmangat,

As per my knowledge Visa officer will not grant you visa if your further studies will not match with your bachelors. Its my opinion as major refusals comes for this.

Kunal

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
i would agree with Kunal on this one. First of all, your prior study is all engineering so why the switch. Secondly, you already have a masters diploma, why the second one. You should either look to come to Canada through a different route and if you want to come here as a student, I suggest you first get a job related to engineering and then work there a year or so, find a MSc or PhD program in Canada and apply for that. You will need good IELTS score for that and also a very extremely good hold of the your field. That is the best I could think of. Good luck and choose wisely.

psmangat

May 11, 2016
what if I show Experience instead of PG Diploma,? 3 year experience in engineering and 2 year in banking and opt for a engineering PG Diploma

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
psmangat said:
what if I show Experience instead of PG Diploma,? 3 year experience in engineering and 2 year in banking and opt for a engineering PG Diploma
Horrible idea. Here's what will happen. You'll get the study permit, finish your school in Canada and get a PGWP and work experience. Then when it's time to apply for PR, you will need to declare that you have a degree in order to get enough points to qualify for PR. But because you lied on your study permit and failed to declare your degree, declaring it on your PR application will be a problem. Don't lie in your study permit - it will catch up with you later and create problems for PR. If you apply for a study permit, declare your degree (or don't bother applying).

Niharika Kaur

Apr 10, 2016
Hello,
We have a multiple entry visitor visa & had been to Canada last year with my husband and kids. I wanted to study in Canada about beauty therapies so i applied in VCC College which is in BC and got Letter of Admission in Cosmetology Course. (2 yrs - Post Secondary Diploma) Jan' 2017 intake.

I checked with the VFS they say that i can apply for a student visa only 3 months prior to the course or else state a strong reason in my SOP to apply so early.... also the decision ofcourse depends completely on the VO but applying early can be a reason for rejection... My main reason to apply early is because my Husband will be travelling to Dubai next month and mostly we'll be in Dubai with my kids untill Nov'2016.

If i apply to VFS now for a JAN' 2017 intake will the case be rejected. ??

Please help...!!