+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

balkarthik

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hi All,

Hope all is well with everyone. I got my COPR along with visa was issued on March 9th. I requested for landing and I am still waiting. it has been more than 3 months. I raised a web form and also called and got generic answers. is this common? What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks!
It was the same case with me, Mar 13th i got approval. I tried to email all the provinces, but it did not work

Final mail to CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca worked , they will respond in 10 days max. Try this!!

antriksh27

Jun 12, 2020
Same with me, it does not work!! But within how many days you got the PR card from the date of Validatation?
Here is my experience of linking the PR card application:
  • On my wife’s COPR Place of birth is ABOHAR PUNJ. I tried this, but it did not work. So, I tried ABOHAR PUNJAB (as a state of birth is Punjab) and it worked.
  • In my case: Place of birth on COPR is MALOUT, MUKTS. I tried this and it did not work, so I tried MALOUT, MUKTSAR, PUNJAB and I successfully linked my application (here Muktsar is the district and Punjab is the state).
I am trying to say is write a full word while linking your application even if the word is not fully written on COPR (like PUNJ is on COPR and I tried with Punjab and it worked) & in both of above cases they used the state even though it is not written in the second case. (like in the second case there is no Punjab written on COPR).
Secondly, see the commas and capital letters of the place of birth on COPR. In the first case, there is no comma in between city and state, and in the second case, there is a comma (in the second case I tried it without comma & I unable to link my application).
I hope this might help.

balkarthik

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Here is my experience of linking the PR card application:
  • On my wife’s COPR Place of birth is ABOHAR PUNJ. I tried this, but it did not work. So, I tried ABOHAR PUNJAB (as a state of birth is Punjab) and it worked.
  • In my case: Place of birth on COPR is MALOUT, MUKTS. I tried this and it did not work, so I tried MALOUT, MUKTSAR, PUNJAB and I successfully linked my application (here Muktsar is the district and Punjab is the state).
I am trying to say is write a full word while linking your application even if the word is not fully written on COPR (like PUNJ is on COPR and I tried with Punjab and it worked) & in both of above cases they used the state even though it is not written in the second case. (like in the second case there is no Punjab written on COPR).
Secondly, see the commas and capital letters of the place of birth on COPR. In the first case, there is no comma in between city and state, and in the second case, there is a comma (in the second case I tried it without comma & I unable to link my application).
I hope this might help.
This helps are lot!! Thanks a ton... I will try the place of birth as per my passport and the given combinations by you!! 5 attemps for today, fingers crossed.

CHINTU30

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi,
My online CIC account has update on 4th june 2020 and said your Counterfoil invalid and COPR is Valid but after that account update since i did not get PR confirmation Email. Is anyone in same boat here ?

Jun 19, 2020
Hi,
My online CIC account has update on 4th june 2020 and said your Counterfoil invalid and COPR is Valid but after that account update since i did not get PR confirmation Email. Is anyone in same boat here ?
Hi. I am exactly in the same situation. Landed on 04 June and no confirmation document to my email or account. I called in yesterday and the agent thought this was unusual. She confirmed I am landed and also that the PR card application was submitted by the officer on the same day (4th). She emailed local office (Etobicoke) to see what happened. I emailed them too, day before yesterday- no reply yet. I submitted my SIN application with unsigned COPR and cover today (explaining this situation) this morning.

CHINTU30

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi. I am exactly in the same situation. Landed on 04 June and no confirmation document to my email or account. I called in yesterday and the agent thought this was unusual. She confirmed I am landed and also that the PR card application was submitted by the officer on the same day (4th). She emailed local office (Etobicoke) to see what happened. I emailed them too, day before yesterday- no reply yet. I submitted my SIN application with unsigned COPR and cover today (explaining this situation) this morning.
I apply tooo but they rejected my SIN application