+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR in Quebec for protected person

MH Hussain

Aug 16, 2024
Hi good morning everyone,I wondering about certain question,I applied for my PR from Toronto, Ontario as a protected person and then I moved from Ontario to Quebec, and applied for my CSQ and also I got my CSQ yesterday after 5 months of waiting.
Now how long does it take to get my PR approximately, since I have CSQ in hand?
Should I inform Ircc that I got my CSQ?

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hi good morning everyone,I wondering about certain question,I applied for my PR from Toronto, Ontario as a protected person and then I moved from Ontario to Quebec, and applied for my CSQ and also I got my CSQ yesterday after 5 months of waiting.
Now how long does it take to get my PR approximately, since I have CSQ in hand?
Should I inform Ircc that I got my CSQ?
Hi

Moving to quebec when you still dont have ur PR card yet wasn't a claver idea.
Welcome to quebec where they block people document. From protected person to PR card can take you 4 years !
I did apply octobre 2022, they told me yesterday i should expect my document in January 2026. If iam lucky

MH Hussain

Aug 16, 2024
2000r, post: 10896756, member: 1157609"]
Hi What about Alberta if I move ,it says within 2 years any province except Quebec?

Welcome to quebec where they block people document. From protected person to PR card can take you 4 years !
I did apply octobre 2022, they told me yesterday i should expect my document in January 2026. If iam lucky
[/QUOTE]

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi What about Alberta if I move ,it says within 2 years any province except Quebec?

[/QUOTE]

Assume you have updated your address with IRCC. If so no need to contact IRCC. If you permanently relocate to another province you can update your address.

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023

[/QUOTE]
Hi

I can't really tell you how long it will take if you move out from Quebec to a much more human province. I had a friend who did that and she waited 9 months before to get a card.
But every 3 weeks ! Thing change in IRCC !

MH Hussain

Aug 16, 2024
Hi

I can't really tell you how long it will take if you move out from Quebec to a much more human province. I had a friend who did that and she waited 9 months before to get a card.
But every 3 weeks ! Thing change in IRCC !
[/QUOTE]
Did your friend got claim in Quebec,or another province?I got my claim in Ontario and applied for my PR and then moved to Quebec, and received my CSQ , uploaded it in the Ircc web .and they are checking my background,but they said it depends on the officer who will decide how to play my file ,I mean processing time,it's nothing about provincial the officer said,it's all about federal government.
I will be very helpful if anyone could also answer, people who got claim in Quebec, first get their PR and then CSQ maybe?
Because I got my CSQ first maybe applied from Ontario.
Thank you for the support.

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
I got my CSQ in 2021 and applied PR in 2021 but still waiting. Everyone got CSQ before as well without any problem but in QUEBEC they allowed limited quota even your file passed every step at IRCC level so it depends when they allow your file to accept here no matter you have CSQ but i wish you good luck you don’t face bad time like we are facing everyday is tensed and frustrating.

I dont know your situation but as far as PR is concerned you made a bad decision moving here.

Reactions: MH Hussain

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
I did claim in Quebec.

I have applied in October 2022.
I already have the "selection quebec/ CSQ" + the RAMQ (for medical ).
For those in Quebec, for a protected person !!! You can have both in less than 6 month !

But for your PR Card ! You need to have be patient ! Unfortunately 2 to 4 years !

Reactions: MH Hussain

MH Hussain

Aug 16, 2024
I talked to ircc today about moving back to Ontario,they said processing time will change to 25 months instead of Quebec 38 months.What you think?

MH Hussain

Aug 16, 2024
I got my CSQ in 2021 and applied PR in 2021 but still waiting. Everyone got CSQ before as well without any problem but in QUEBEC they allowed limited quota even your file passed every step at IRCC level so it depends when they allow your file to accept here no matter you have CSQ but i wish you good luck you don’t face bad time like we are facing everyday is tensed and frustrating.

I dont know your situation but as far as PR is concerned you made a bad decision moving here.

MH Hussain

Aug 16, 2024

Ok since I was in Ontario where I applied for my PR should I move back to Ontario that change mine processing time.please give me advice

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
For my case its a NO as i came a cross replies on similar question

but your situation is little different as you applied in ON and later on you came here and got CSQ.