+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for a new born

amitc

Sep 20, 2018
I am a permanent resident of Canada and had a baby outside Canada in India this year. Due to pandemic and flight restriction we couldn’t fly back to Canada for delivery. How should I now travel back to Canada with the new born - do I apply for visitor visa? How easy is to sponsor my kid for PR now..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please could someone help with my query
The baby needs to apply for a TRV. If rejected they can try for a TRP. You need to start with getting the baby a passport. One parent needs to be in Canada and remain in Canada to sponsor the child. If one of the parents is already in Canada they should start the sponsorship process. Assume you are compliant with your RO for PR. Depending on the province your baby not qualify for healthcare coverage until they get PR so you’ll need to purchase insurance to cover emergencies and pay out of pocket for the rest. How long have you been outside Canada? It looks like you may have landed as a PR in 2019. Depending on how long you’ll bee outside Canada you may have to reapply for healthcare coverage. Even if you have a valid health card you must meet your provincial health coverage RO or you can be asked to reimburse the province if you don’t meet the RO and use healthcare.

Reactions: amitc

amitc

Sep 20, 2018
The baby needs to apply for a TRV. If rejected they can try for a TRP. You need to start with getting the baby a passport. One parent needs to be in Canada and remain in Canada to sponsor the child. If one of the parents is already in Canada they should start the sponsorship process. Assume you are compliant with your RO for PR. Depending on the province your baby not qualify for healthcare coverage until they get PR so you’ll need to purchase insurance to cover emergencies and pay out of pocket for the rest. How long have you been outside Canada? It looks like you may have landed as a PR in 2019. Depending on how long you’ll bee outside Canada you may have to reapply for healthcare coverage. Even if you have a valid health card you must meet your provincial health coverage RO or you can be asked to reimburse the province if you don’t meet the RO and use healthcare.
Thank you, this is helpful