+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR File in Process and close work permit about to expire

Ruts

Apr 1, 2015
Hello Friends

I am on a close work permit and nominee from province. My PR file is in process. Medical has been done.

In two months time my CWP will expiry.

What if I have not received PR till that.

Please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ruts said:
Hello Friends

I am on a close work permit and nominee from province. My PR file is in process. Medical has been done.

In two months time my CWP will expiry.

What if I have not received PR till that.

Please help.
1. If you have a PNP facilitation letter you use that to apply for a new work permit. If you have already an AOR from CIC, then you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you have a PNP facilitation letter you use that to apply for a new work permit. If you have already an AOR from CIC, then you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.
Hey PMM (VIP) :)

Actually, i have a couple of questions too.
i applied for my work permit by the time my nomination was expired..as i thought nomination is good only for PR application, i didnt pay attention for my work permit expiration or if nomination has anything to do with my WP...
Now the day i called them, they said, your application has been refused based on the reason that my pnp certificate has expired...the same time while i was talking to them on phone i received email AOR for my PR application..they said the decision has been made though officially Online, it still showing me that my application is in process and the final decision has not been reached yet. i have called and updated them on my file # as well as i suggested that f time can be given i can provide the extension of my nomination certificate (i talked to my pnp office, they can provide me the extension letter soon)... i talked to two-three different agents on phone, one said i need to stop working immediately,(at that time my file # was not with me), then later i updated my file # ...and the agent said, technically i should continue working bcz no offcial letter has been issued yet to me...and i said online it still showing "final decision NOT started yet"... What should i do?
- keep working until online status has been updated?
- what will happen now, the agent sent email to the officer responsible for my file# and has updated my status( the email she sent was, the client has been given 2 weeks from work, and that his file # has come up, and that he can provide PNP extension letter)? Do you think they will provide me with Open work permit now? or they ll refused my application for the pnp expiration date...
- Secondly, is it okey if the official decision has not been made, and i sent them the screen shot with a cover letter?
- should i continue work and ask my pnp office to provide me the extension letter as soon as possible?

Thanks, your reply to the questions will make me at ease!
Thank you

Sayed.ca

Mar 31, 2014
got Aor while work permit extension is on Process but pnp expired!

Dear akkhan,
I'm in the same boat you were last month.i applied for the extension of my work permit 28th February with LMIA support letter and PNP certificate and my pnp certificate expired on 14th april.right now cic is working on the applications received on 18th January and the processing time is 109 days so,I'm assuming that cic will start working on my file after one and half months or so.
i already Got my AOR with EP on may 14th!and expecting medical request this week.
now if you can please advice me what should I do now???
waiting for your reply.Thanks in advance.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
Re: got Aor while work permit extension is on Process but pnp expired!

Sayed.ca said:
Dear akkhan,
I'm in the same boat you were last month.i applied for the extension of my work permit 28th February with LMIA support letter and PNP certificate and my pnp certificate expired on 14th april.right now cic is working on the applications received on 18th January and the processing time is 109 days so,I'm assuming that cic will start working on my file after one and half months or so.
i already Got my AOR with EP on may 14th!and expecting medical request this week.
now if you can please advice me what should I do now???
waiting for your reply.Thanks in advance.
hey sayyed?
on what reasons your wp refused?
if it has not been refused then y you are worried....
when you hv pnp you dnt need to send LMIA ...anyways....
you shod hv applied online? i think u applied on paper