+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Bhav2002

May 21, 2024
same for me as well.Do you have dependents..are all the stages completed for them as well
No i dont have any dependents.... I did call ircc again to check in why i got p1 twice. They told me while making my portal 2 the Etobicoke office didn't inform montreal office. So the montreal office didn't know that p2 was already made. So they reinitiated p1. I think, ircc hired new employees but didn't train them well. So a lot of people are getting similar errors. That's my conspiracy theory.

Reactions: Chakravarty

yikes1234

Oct 10, 2024
Hey folks, appreciate if anyone has any insights on this. Me and my spouse are both are on valid PGWPs and we applied for PR from within Canada. I had to leave the country on an emergency but my TRV had expired. I applied for a new TRV from outside Canada, but it keeps getting delayed. In the meantime we also got our PR approved, and we declared that I was outside and my spouse is inland. Consquently, I got my PR Visa and COPR approved today but my spouse is still waiting for P2 portal email from VO Montreal (She got her P1 email on Sep4th).

So my question is would I be able to re-enter canada with the PR visa before my spouse gets the e-COPR? Based on this: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf, port of entry officers can let dependents in on special cases - but would this make my PGWP invalid?

There's pressure from my employer for me to return but don't want to jeopardize anything on the event they cancel my PGWP, and have to remain without a status in Canada until my spouse get's her e-COPR.