+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

DeGel122821

Aug 30, 2024
hello,

is it normal that the portal 2 email does not get sent out at the same time? my dependent got hers this afternoon and i did not get mine, i am the principal applicant. its stressful. i tried calling IRCC the moment she got hers, but it always goes that due to high volume of calls it gets disconnected. anything we could do to check than wait?

Reactions: Kkg7

Kkg7

Star Member
Aug 26, 2024
hello,

is it normal that the portal 2 email does not get sent out at the same time? my dependent got hers this afternoon and i did not get mine, i am the principal applicant. its stressful. i tried calling IRCC the moment she got hers, but it always goes that due to high volume of calls it gets disconnected. anything we could do to check than wait?
Yes, its normal. Some receive P2 within a week and others have to wait upto 3-4 weeks or even more. Its completely normal and random. Even my friend got her P2 before me even though I received P1 week before her. GOOD LUCK!!

Reactions: nzkko

DeGel122821

Aug 30, 2024
Yes, its normal. Some receive P2 within a week and others have to wait upto 3-4 weeks or even more. Its completely normal and random. Even my friend got her P2 before me even though I received P1 week before her. GOOD LUCK!!
just worried and wondering, my dependent already got her P2 this afternoon and i did not receive mine. would resending the P1 reply as KAI work? anything i could do? webform perhaps? what would i indicate on the webform?

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
hello,

Calling IRCC is useless because the phone agents cannot see your profile in the virtual landing office

Genius001

Aug 30, 2024
So I have a unique issue, I applied for PR after refugee claim was approved and it's taken 24 months to the point where I just got a letter from IRCC saying:

"Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)."

This is good news obviously but my issue is I have just recently become common law with my fiance, as recent as a month ago, and it says to declare that which I want to. I just want to know if anyone has gone through this before. How does the process of adding her work (she's inland btw on a work permit) and also how much does this delay the confirmation of my PR (don't care about there being a delay as long as we both get it, I just want a rough estimate)?

I just want to know if anyone has any experience with this and how they navigated this.

DeGel122821

Aug 30, 2024
Calling IRCC is useless because the phone agents cannot see your profile in the virtual landing office
any input on what i need to do would be appreciated. my dependent got her portal 2 email and i did not, is it quite common?
do i need to resend the portal 1 email?
do i need to do KAI method for my portal 2?

Itsjotsandhu

Jan 9, 2020
Calgary
I did called ircc today and as per them the officer who sent me portal 2 didnt mentioned in database that my portal 2 is sent, and i even updated picture and address to portal for ecopr.

DeGel122821

Aug 30, 2024
I did called ircc today and as per them the officer who sent me portal 2 didnt mentioned in database that my portal 2 is sent, and i even updated picture and address to portal for ecopr.
good thing you got connected, i have been trying countless times this afternoon to no avail. its frustrating that my dependent got her portal 2 email but i did not.

LaxmanYadav

Aug 15, 2024
any input on what i need to do would be appreciated. my dependent got her portal 2 email and i did not, is it quite common?
do i need to resend the portal 1 email?
do i need to do KAI method for my portal 2?
I think you can give it a shot with KAI method instead of waiting for P2.

DeGel122821

Aug 30, 2024
I think you can give it a shot with KAI method instead of waiting for P2.
should i reply using the same email address they sent the portal 2 email for my dependent? or should i use a didderent email?
which method should i use below:

Method 01 -KAI Modified
[To - cic-etobicoke-landings@cic.gc.ca]
[Separate Email To - IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
CIC-Etobicoke-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca ]
[Subject - IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal, PR Confirmation, / Portail de résidence permanente d’IRCC,
confirmation de la RP, E(Application number)
[Body]
Hello Team or Dear Sir/Madam,
My PR application was approved/all stages were completed on xxth and I can see the COPR number generated in the Tracker
and Final Decision updated in GCKey.
Despite this, I have not received any correspondence for the PR confirmation Portal from IRCC.
So, to make sure that this is not a result of a missing email or a technical error, I am providing you with my relevant information
for the PR confirmation portal for myself (dependents if applicable).
Details below :-
Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Your eye colour:
Your height (please provide in cm):
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No): Yes
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country)
Thank you,
(Your Name)

Method 02 – KAI
[To - cic-etobicoke-landings@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
CIC-Calgary@cic.gc.ca
cic-calgary@cic.gc.ca] Send individual emails
[Subject - IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal, PR Confirmation, / Portail de résidence permanente d’IRCC,
confirmation de la RP, E(Application number]
[Body]
Dear Officer,
Please see the information below as requested to confirm my PR portal process -
Name as it appears in my passport:
DOB:
UCI:
Application Number:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Your eye colour:
Your height (please provide in cm):
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
Address:
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):
I am single and have no dependents in my application.
Please reply to me at this email address should you need any further information or clarification regarding the above. Thank
you.
Sincerely,
[Name]

Itsjotsandhu

Jan 9, 2020
Calgary
I received portal 2 this Monday, i called IRCC for update on ecopr as per agent the last activity on their database is just for portal 1 only, but i already updated address and photo in portal 2 what to do?