+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card

gtboy

Feb 23, 2010
Hi all my wife and baby landed in Canada March 1st 2010 and was told that they would receive their PR cards in 30 days or so. I am just wondering why they hav't received it as yet. I try calling CIC call centre but cant seen to get throught. I know is not too long waiting but does anyone knows when i should expect the cards, just incase my wife has to travel for any emergency purpose. Thanks

EgyCan

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
07-01-2010
File Transfer...
31-01-2010
Passport Req..
??-??-2010
1- It can take up to 60days according to my experience

2- Your wife can leave with her passport but she can't return without it, so she can leave, if she must, then you can FEDEX it to here ;D

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
No worry they will get .
do she apply for SIN ?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here.. Have not received it yet. Dial the number then select 1 listen everything till end then select 2 then listen everything till end then dial for customer service agent/officer..it will say waiting time is 8-10minutes keep holding and then they will ask all the details and will let you know the status.They will not tell you status about your wife. She has to dial.

Key is don't be in hurry and dial the number..listen and then dial the number.

My date of landing is same like you. I have not received it yet.They do not have information. Just waiting and I also have to relocate to another city and then go out of country for 2 weeks.

I do not understand whats the big deal and why these guys are so lazy to print the card and send it.

gtboy said:
Hi all my wife and baby landed in Canada March 1st 2010 and was told that they would receive their PR cards in 30 days or so. I am just wondering why they hav't received it as yet. I try calling CIC call centre but cant seen to get throught. I know is not too long waiting but does anyone knows when i should expect the cards, just incase my wife has to travel for any emergency purpose. Thanks

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i have a question: can u travel without PR card? lets say u just landed and wanna go home see ur family/friends while PR card is being made?

MrsMiller

Aug 24, 2009
I am in the same boat! I was starting to get worried. I would ask immigration about travelling without the card. I have gone back and forth to the states many times without it so far. The immigration officer I had when I landed told me that the visa in my passport was all they needed at customs that I was a permanent resident.

D

darumal

Hi, I was sposored by my partner via inland application and granted PR status on Mar 19.

Referred to CIC website, the processing time to get the PR card for the inital apply for existing PR and newly arrive PR are 106 days and 30 days respectively. I am a bit confusing whether I am an existing PR or a newly arrive PR since I have been living in Canada since Dec 2008.

I will back to Hong Kong mid of May while my spouse will join me a month later and then we shall back to Canada together on Jun 26. If I still not yet receive the PR card before my spouse departure. I cannot back to Canada even I'm holding a visa-exempt passport except apply the travel document when I am in HK. Is it correct?

Thanks.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any update on this? Anyone landed in between 1-15 march received his/her PR card? I am still waiting and have no idea how to contact them?

MrsMiller

Aug 24, 2009
I landed March 3 at the Ambassador Bridge from Detroit to Windsor and still have not recieved my card. Getting a little worried...

D

darumal

what is phone no. of PR card centre?

Actually, I called CIC and provide my client ID#, they will make an internal call to PR card centre (dept) and ask about the processing time on my behalf. As usual, they only know whether it is in process and have no clues how long it will be completed.

I hope my PR card can be received before my spouse departure. It is quite time-consuming to apply travel doc. in homeland and it costs CAD75!!!

wert

Mar 18, 2010
Hi All,

I wouldn't worry!

Since they introduced the new cards back (Aug. 2009) they have been having production/manufacturing issues.
I know because I had called in and that is what they told me.

I also saw i note on the CIC site some time back that they apologize for this and are working hard to resolve it.

So I won't worry to much!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what takes them so much time. It is just a card just print and send it and there is no status update online that you can see when it is suppose to get printed and send by mail.
Waiting ......

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
It isnt just a card though and a lot of work seems to go into making them, with the photographic images etc, there are a lot of anti fraud measures etc.