+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

sohant.4

Oct 21, 2021
I would like to share my experience:
eCOPR - April 14
Photos sent by mail - April 20
Photo rejected and request to upload new photo by email - Nov 1
Sent new photo - Nov 1
Portal notification - Application approval and PR card mailed - Nov 4

Waiting for PR card in mail. Hopefully no further delays.

Good luck!

sbastola

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Anyone changing the address please do so by calling and not using the webform. I did it last week using webform and got an automated message. So i called today and found out that they still had old address in file.

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
29th April COPR. Seems I got first GU today. Anybody with the same timeline got GU this week? How long does it usually take from 1st GU till the PR card in the mailbox?
Could you share the date when your photos were delivered? Thanks

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
Is there anyone photo sent in April still waiting for their card? Mine was delivered on April 14. I am desperate now. I emailed so many times, but no replies at all.
Yes :( Photo delivered April 6th with zero updates since. Called many times and raised multiple web forms with no success. Every agent gives me different info, beside the fact that I need to keep waiting. Can’t really rely on them. Hopefully soon we get it.
The one thing I can’t understand is if they have problems/delays printing cards for certain applicants - why not make it possible to travel to Canada using COPR or any other way. PRTD is risky in my opinion as not every country can do it and it also can take a long time time and you don’t want to get stuck in another country.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
The one thing I can’t understand is if they have problems/delays printing cards for certain applicants - why not make it possible to travel to Canada using COPR or any other way. PRTD is risky in my opinion as not every country can do it and it also can take a long time time and you don’t want to get stuck in another country.
Agreed, every COPR should come with a multiple-entry travel document that is voided the moment your card is shipped out. Can't be that difficult

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Anybody knows when I can link PR card application in GCKey after eCOPR? I got eCOPR in OCT/29, but can't link PR card into GCKey.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Hil

Mar 5, 2020
Waiting to receive eCOPR and the card from September 27th, still nothing happened in the portal.

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Yes :( Photo delivered April 6th with zero updates since. Called many times and raised multiple web forms with no success. Every agent gives me different info, beside the fact that I need to keep waiting. Can’t really rely on them. Hopefully soon we get it.
exactly what I think. Why eCoPR cannot be a travel document? we should start a twitter trending topic #ecoprastraveldocument

Reactions: fernandaontario

Watchdog

May 28, 2021
I've submitted my photo and address almost two weeks ago, but still didn't get any thing from IRCC & no eCOPR.

is there anything I can do at this point of time?

chawlaabhinav13

Jul 24, 2020
I think they can't make it a travel document since airlines can't verify a printout of a letter - they probably want something officially stamped on your passport (which is much harder to scam than a letter printout). I feel they should instead allow valid visas (TRV, Study, Work) to continue to be used if they haven't expired until PR cards are issued, instead of invalidating them the day your PR file is approved.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I think they can't make it a travel document since airlines can't verify a printout of a letter - they probably want something officially stamped on your passport (which is much harder to scam than a letter printout). I feel they should instead allow valid visas (TRV, Study, Work) to continue to be used if they haven't expired until PR cards are issued, instead of invalidating them the day your PR file is approved.
Doesn’t have to be a physical document. eTA are all digital. What’s stopping them from issuing a similar thing for PRs and then void it once PR card is shipped? It’s 2021, this shouldn’t be too much to ask