+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline - 2024

cavabien

Mar 6, 2024
I would suggest calling IRCC - I saw no movement on my account until I gave them a call and then a week later I got GU1. My eCOPR was April 12, 2024 from Montreal.
do you mind sharing when you called what application number did you enter? PR application number or PR card application?
which menu did you go?

Thanks!!

May 23, 2024
Hi everyone!

I have finally received my PR card in the mail!! Thanks again to everyone who has helped me with questions and concerns over the last couple of months! My final timeline is as follows:

PR Application Final Decision: February 12, 2024
eCOPR: April 12, 2024 (VO: Montreal)
GU1: March 22, 2024
GU2: Never received
PR Card Delivered: May 27, 2024

I have noticed from another thread that applicants who received their eCOPRs in late April 2024 from Montreal have also been receiving their PR cards this week. Please see this thread for more information: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-timeline-2023.788597/post-10840577

All the best!
CONGRATULATIONS! Were there any dependents on your case? If yes, did you all receive at the same time?

Reactions: lero8153

anonymouslycute

Aug 1, 2023
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
14 Dec 2023
Med's Done....
14 Feb 2024
Did anyone from mid April eCOPRs receive PR Card from Etobicoke VO?

vital350

Star Member
Dec 8, 2023
I see one guy on Reddit with Etobicoke April 17 copr got card today... especially interesting that he got wihtout any GU1 and GU2, just found in the mailbox. But no other people.

lero8153

May 13, 2024
do you mind sharing when you called what application number did you enter? PR application number or PR card application?
which menu did you go?

Thanks!!
Of course! I am stationed in Vancouver so I called around 12pm PST. I would recommend calling between 12pm-1pm PST (or 5-6am PST) time as I assume the call centre is located on eastern time zone and therefore the lines are less busy later in the afternoon or right when they open, You DO NOT want to wait for the PR card application entry as I have never had any luck getting through on there. When calling, you want to enter your PR application number (mine started with an 'E' for express entry) and they will direct your call after a few minutes to a representative. FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW! Once you are connected to a representative, you want to let them know that you are inquiring about a PR card application and if they tell you to redial and choose the PR card application menu, say that you were disconnected when talking to an agent earlier in the day and you would like to be transferred to that department. They ALWAYS transfer!!

A quick summary:

Dial:
+1 (888) 242-2100

Welcoming message: "Welcome to Immigration Canada..." (can't be skipped)

==> press 1 for English

==> (wait for about 2.5 minutes) long announcements taking about (this part can't be skipped, pressing any key indeed adds more time) (See Note A.)

==> press 1 for UCI entry (wait until the prompt finished)

----> wait until you hear a new prompt, then dial your UCI "XXXXXXXXXX" (don't rush, otherwise you will miss the first digit dialed) ----> press 1 to confirm the entry. (See Note B.)

==> press 1 (for already applied). (See Note C)

==> press 2 (for information regarding a PR profile). (See Note D)

==> press 2 for application starting with "E" Express Entry (economic class, see Note D.2.)

----> Dial your applications (only digits followed by the first letter) "xxxxxxxxx" when hearing something like "with the help of telephone keyboard..." ----> press 1 to confirm the entry

==> Dial your year of birth "XXXX" ----> press 1 to confirm your YOB

==> the bot reads your application status (can't be skipped)

==> after all messages are read, then press 0 for talking to an agent (it's highly possible that you need another call (actually multiple ones) because of the high volume of calls). (see Note E)

Good luck!

================

Notes:

A. this part takes about 2.5 minutes (messages including information about call centre time, refugees / crisis, travel restriction.... )

B. press 1 if you have one
***;*** press 2 if you don't have (then there is no point to make the call)

C. This is the Main menu: you will hear something like "In order to better assist you..." choose one of the following 4 options (this can be skipped once you hear the first sentence):

1. for "already applied";
  2. for victims or abused situations;
  3. for FAQ and helps;
  4. for COVID-19 information.
D. This step identifies the type of applications, which has 5 options:

1. temporary residence: visitor/work/study permits
  2. permanent residence
  3. to renew P.R. card
  4. to apply for Canadian citizenship or proof of the citizenship
  5. certificate or reproduce the lost identification and etc.
D.2. (if you select Permanent residence in the previous level), choose the beginning letter of the application:

1. EP
  2. E
  3. F
  4. G
  5. H
E. If the wait time is long, you may be asked for the option for a callback. You can leave your phone number, and they will call you normally within +-10 minutes of the estimated wait time provided by the system with an "unknown caller" shown on your phone.

lero8153

May 13, 2024
CONGRATULATIONS! Were there any dependents on your case? If yes, did you all receive at the same time?
No dependents unfortunately. I was just a single applicant. From the responses on the threads that I have read, it seems that many families get their PR cards at various times.

Reactions: SamDam

nad_16

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
If there is a final decision update on the PR Card application what does that mean is it GU1 or GU2?

Last edited:

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
If there is a final decision update on the PR Card application what does that mean is it GU1 or GU2?
If you see that it’s approved, then that’s GU2. But if there is a date only on the final decision then that’s GU1.

Reactions: lemonwater2l

anonymouslycute

Aug 1, 2023
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
14 Dec 2023
Med's Done....
14 Feb 2024
Got my GU1 On May 31st !!

eCOPR Timeline:
- eCOPR: April 18th, 2024 Etobicoke VO