+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline - 2024

Vam-v2-p

Jul 2, 2024
These are stages your PR card application go through when linked to your IRCC GCKey account.

Most people receive two ghost updates on their account (status changes from submitted to profile updated) before they receive the final email from IRCC stating that their application has been received/PR card mailed.

GU1: is the first update when the final decision changes to a specific date but states that the application is still in process (this is usually the day your application is finalized)

GU2: is when eligibility review is completed and final decision changes to approved. This is usually the date your card is mailed.

After GU2 you receive an email usually within a day or two saying your application status has been updated and when you log in you can see a message stating the card has been mailed as well as the expiry date (usually 5 years from your approval date).
Thanks for the detailed reply.
When can we link the PR card application to gc key , is it after the photo approval ..?

Reactions: Delilah1

gbbi

Jul 12, 2024
I called IRCC and agent gave me a specific date which will be the 47th day stating that if we dont receive the PR card after that date, i can call so they can do something. I asked about GUs and he said the messages in GCKey account are not accurated. Two days ago, I spoke to a different agent and the agent said that usually after receiving the Final decision- Your application is in progress- it will take few days to get another GU. The agent that I spoke today said that once the PR card sent out, any agent can give the date of the issue. I asked about photo in review, the same agent said that by now if we didnt receive a message about the photo it means the production department did approved the photo. so at this time, it's all about waiting and see. I am so anxious, our trip is in two weeks and i really need to travel with my husband
GU1: July 12 2024
GU: not yet
PR card: not yet.

by the way my husband got his PR from Family sponsorship inland.

Last edited:

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
I called IRCC and agent gave me a specific date which will be the 47th day stating that if we dont receive the PR card after that date, i can call so they can do something. I asked about GUs and he said the messages in GCKey account are not accurated. Two days ago, I spoke to a different agent and the agent said that usually after receiving the Final decision- Your application is in progress- it will take few days to get another GU. The agent that I spoke today said that once the PR card sent out, any agent can give the date of the issue. I asked about photo in review, the same agent said that by now if we didnt receive a message about the photo it means the production department did approved the photo. so at this time, it's all about waiting and see. I am so anxious, our trip is in two weeks and i really need to travel with my husband

My application has followed the typical pattern described by prior applicants in this thread with the Ghost updates proving accurate but I have read some cases where people get stuck on GU1 for longer than normal unfortunately. It’s a pretty straightforward application so no idea why some get delayed. The processing time has sped up to 47 days but it’s seems many people are approved much faster.

My timeline is as follows
eCOPR - June 28th & application linked to GCKey same day
GU1 - July 15th - final decision: July 15th, your application is in progress
GU2 - July 16th - final decision: July 15th, your application is approved
Email update - July 17th - received email stating my application had been updated, message saying PR card has been mailed with expiry date.

Now just waiting for the card. I also had to cancel travel plans to the US I had already booked back in May. And now I’m waiting to reschedule in case the card is slow to arrive so I feel your frustration. Unfortunately it seems like things can be a bit inconsistent between visa offices and even from week to week with processing times. Very ready for this journey to be over o_O

Hopefully you receive an update soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: sha919 and Delilah1

sha919

Jul 5, 2024

Hi, have you received your GU2?

sha919

Jul 5, 2024
My Timeline: (Family Sponsorship - VO: Montreal)
P1: May 27th, 2024
P2: June 18th, 2024
eCoPR: June 16th, 2024
GU1: July 19th, 2024
GU2: -
PR Card Mailed: -
PR Card Received: -

Reactions: Taylah

JadeTiger

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
eCorp June 24, 2024
GU1 July 17,2024 (your application in progress)
GU2 July 22,2024 (final decision:approved)
Have not received any emails yet, waiting for emails and for the PR card delivery.

Reactions: Delilah1 and Taylah

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023

Im in the same boat. Got GU1 on 11 July and nothing since

JadeTiger

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
eCorp June 24, 2024
GU1 July 17,2024 (your application in progress)
GU2 July 22,2024 (final decision:approved)
Have not received any emails yet, waiting for emails and for the PR card delivery.
Received email today (July 23) that my card was mailed and should be delivered within 6 weeks.
Waiting.

Reactions: Taylah

gbbi

Jul 12, 2024
Thats the response I got yesterday. Doesnt even make sense as others get it within 2-3 days after final decision :(
Until now, we're stuck in GU1..one of the agents said that sometime the account is not updated on time or accuratee, he suggested to check the mail box.. i decided to check my mail box on the weekend..hope i get it before our trip.

Reactions: Master5678