+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal on Urgent Basis

Supri_Niski

May 11, 2015
I am in similar situation. I am planning to apply for PR renewal just after completing 740 days. My PR card has expired 1.5 years back and last time I entered Canada with expired PR card and PRTD APPROVED on H&C grounds. I am in big dilemma whether I should go for URGENT processing or NOT.. I DO NOT want secondary review at any COST

1. For urgent processing I have booked only my ticket and NOT my child's. Child will live with my spouse in my absence (If I travel after I get my PR card). Is booking my ticket alone is good point or bad? My Child is 4 and that means surely I will come back (at least CIC can think this way).

2. My Father passed away back home while I was in Canada (4 months back). I have NOT met my family members after that. Could this be strong reason for my travel to my home country (I can attach Death Certificate of my Father).

3. If I apply under Urgent processing shall I submit additional documents like Bank statements, Child's School attendance letters, Rent agreement, CREDIT CARD statements etc. Or submit ONLY those statements that are asked for

4. I do not have many exit/entries from Canada/To Canada. I have all stamps on passports, all the tickets of travel and boarding passes as well to match the stamps in the passport

5. CIC has already have all my record of first 365 days when I applied for my PRTD at CIC consulate in my country, which I think is BONUS.

PLEASE ADVISE BASED ON FACTS ABOVE

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First, make sure that your 740 days are within the past 5 years only. Many make the mistake of counting from their landing date or some other date but CIC will not consider a period other than the past 5 years from the day they receive your application.

1. I don't think CIC will care whether you intend to come back. The main thing is that you have met the RO and for urgent processing that you have an urgent reason to travel.

2. Yes, I think that is a good reason for urgent travel.

3. You can add some more documents than they ask for but your child school attendance letters do not prove that you were in Canada, only that your child was. Your rent agreement does not prove you were in Canada but rather that you were paying rent, not that you were actually staying there.

4. That will be helpful.

5. That should also help. However, if you have the PR TD or any documents concerning that, you should include copies as well. CIC has many departments. Just because one department at some point had documents and records does not mean that another department several years later will have access or will know where to look for that info.

Supri_Niski

May 11, 2015
Leon said:
First, make sure that your 740 days are within the past 5 years only. Many make the mistake of counting from their landing date or some other date but CIC will not consider a period other than the past 5 years from the day they receive your application.

1. I don't think CIC will care whether you intend to come back. The main thing is that you have met the RO and for urgent processing that you have an urgent reason to travel.

2. Yes, I think that is a good reason for urgent travel.

3. You can add some more documents than they ask for but your child school attendance letters do not prove that you were in Canada, only that your child was. Your rent agreement does not prove you were in Canada but rather that you were paying rent, not that you were actually staying there.

4. That will be helpful.

5. That should also help. However, if you have the PR TD or any documents concerning that, you should include copies as well. CIC has many departments. Just because one department at some point had documents and records does not mean that another department several years later will have access or will know where to look for that info.
Leon, thanks for the reply. This would definitely help in putting stronger application.

Yes, I am 100% sure that I have met 740 days in last 5 years.

3. School attendance certificate also clearly states that I was Volunteering as a Helper Parent (required by the school once or twice in every month) for the school. What about bank statements and credit card statements will they help at all?.

5. Yes PRTD was stamped on my passport. I will also include the letter that I wrote while getting PRTD (I had traveled to care of my Father and had my PRTD done when I thought that my father is feeling better and his health improved. However, 8 months after my return to Canada my father passed away. I could not go to his Funeral as I was Not confident of getting PRTD one more time as I had NOT completed 730 days when my father expired. However, 4 months later I have completed my 730 days in Canada and wish to travel to my country to meet my siblings after my Father's death).

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Supri_Niski said:
3. School attendance certificate also clearly states that I was Volunteering as a Helper Parent (required by the school once or twice in every month) for the school. What about bank statements and credit card statements will they help at all?.
Due to the sensitivity of your case, I prefer not to give opinions on anything else and leave it to the senior members, but in regards to the question above, when I was in the process of renewing my PR Card this month (it was also an urgent request, they received my application on May 6, and on May 22 I received the new card) I called CIC a few times to ask questions, and even though the forms say to send 'this' OR 'this,' I was told to send 'this' AND 'this.' So I sent everything that occurred to me and I thought would help establish that I had been in Canada for all this time. While it only occurred to me to send bank and credit card statements when dealing with the citizenship application (when it's no longer necessary, since this isn't required for citizenship at all, at least not without RQ), I would certainly include those if I were you. Anything that demonstrates you were in Canada should help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Supri_Niski said:
Leon, thanks for the reply. This would definitely help in putting stronger application.

Yes, I am 100% sure that I have met 740 days in last 5 years.

5. Yes PRTD was stamped on my passport. I will also include the letter that I wrote while getting PRTD (I had traveled to care of my Father and had my PRTD done when I thought that my father is feeling better and his health improved. However, 8 months after my return to Canada my father passed away. I could not go to his Funeral as I was Not confident of getting PRTD one more time as I had NOT completed 730 days when my father expired. However, 4 months later I have completed my 730 days in Canada and wish to travel to my country to meet my siblings after my Father's death).
In that case, send the school attendance records as well. You can also send the bank statements, it wont hurt and could help.

One more thing you could request are statements from your dentist for when you have been there for checkups and a log from your provincial health care listing what services you have received. Every time you went to the doctor, you were obviously in Canada. You can also ask for a letter from the pediatrician of your child stating when you have brought in your child for check ups and vaccinations.

Supri_Niski

May 11, 2015
Thanks Leon and MiriamT for your valuable comments.

@MiriamT: Could you please let me know what additional documents you attached for PR card renewal?

Thanks in advance.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Supri_Niski said:
@ MiriamT: Could you please let me know what additional documents you attached for PR card renewal?
Here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/no-tax-assessments-to-include-in-pr-renewal-additional-documents-questions-t279076.0.html;msg4284900#msg4284900

Supri_Niski

May 11, 2015
Leon said:
In that case, send the school attendance records as well. You can also send the bank statements, it wont hurt and could help.

One more thing you could request are statements from your dentist for when you have been there for checkups and a log from your provincial health care listing what services you have received. Every time you went to the doctor, you were obviously in Canada. You can also ask for a letter from the pediatrician of your child stating when you have brought in your child for check ups and vaccinations.
Leon,

Thank you very much. For the first 370 days in Canada I only have Bank statements and CRA tax assessment and few letters from CRA regarding CCTB etc. I had attached all bank statements in my application for PRTD as well (Which I had applied to CIC consulate in my home country). In addition I have proof of secondary ID which has my signature and photo (you need to be in Canada for photo and signature for secondary ID which proves I was in Canada).
1a. I plan to submit Bank statements, CRA assessment and letters from CRA AND secondary ID for first 370 days.

For the second 370 days I have letter from school, rental agreement, bank statements and credit card statements, and CRA Tax assessments. Thus I plan to attach School letter, rental agreement and CRA Tax assessment and may be Credit card statements.
1b. Not attaching bank statements (for brevity otherwise application becomes too bulky) for second year but only attaching it for first year could cause a problem?
1c. If it could be a problem can I attach selected bank statements (say every 3 months)? Attaching all bank statements becomes really bulky and I do not want negative impression to start with.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.