+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal: No Response even after 120 days

PeXXeR

Mar 6, 2019
Hi All,

I really need some help and guidance with my current situation.
Me and my wife applied for PR Card Renewal Online on May 21st, 2023. I received my new PR Card on Jul 28th (got approved on July 21st - just after 60 days).
However, there is no update on my wife's application. PR Portal shows nothing apart from `Submitted`.
Here is what I have tried till now:

1. Already sent 3 different webforms. IRCC responded on one of the webforms asking some clarifying question (very basic ones and unrelated to application like attach relevant docs, dob and a set template of questions).
2. No response on other 2 web forms and over a month already.
3. Whenever I try to link her application with UCI & Last Name, it always links her old application when she got her 1st PR Card back in 2018. Since I only have UCI (no new application number), I can't even link the new application to track.
4. Finally, I re-applied with a new application on Aug 26th, 2023. No update on that as well.

Current Processing Time is 83 days, but it has been 120 days now :(. Also, I got my new PR card, but my wife didn't.

We have to travel abroad due to medical reasons (health treatment of my wife) and my wife's PR Card expires on Oct 22, 2023.

Please provide some guidance or next steps in this matter.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Me and my wife applied for PR Card Renewal Online on May 21st, 2023. I received my new PR Card on Jul 28th (got approved on July 21st - just after 60 days).
However, there is no update on my wife's application. PR Portal shows nothing apart from `Submitted`.

1. Already sent 3 different webforms. IRCC responded on one of the webforms asking some clarifying question (very basic ones and unrelated to application like attach relevant docs, dob and a set template of questions).
3. Whenever I try to link her application with UCI & Last Name, it always links her old application when she got her 1st PR Card back in 2018. Since I only have UCI (no new application number), I can't even link the new application to track.
4. Finally, I re-applied with a new application on Aug 26th, 2023. No update on that as well.

Current Processing Time is 83 days, but it has been 120 days now :(. Also, I got my new PR card, but my wife didn't.

We have to travel abroad due to medical reasons (health treatment of my wife) and my wife's PR Card expires on Oct 22, 2023.

Get a US visa (if you one to enter USA) and return to Canada through a land border (by showing the current PR card).

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Hi All,

contact your local MP, i think this is the only way to find out whats going on. Webforms are useless. Mine was a similar timeline as yours. I just see my status changed to "COMPLETED, card was mailed yesterday". they received mine back in May 28th.... so i contacted my MP at the end of Aug. good luck..

i also agree, if you have to, go thru the US. but then it also means you have to have some sort of private vehicle, unless you live close to the border,
it's not feasible.

PeXXeR

Mar 6, 2019
Thanks guys.

I wasn't aware of the US option. Looks they also allow if you come by rental vehicle.
So, might try that if nothing works.

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
By the way, when coming via US land border, will they allow an expired PR Card as identity for entry ?
@steaky
@yijiequ
I recommend you bring the expired PR card as well as your foreign passport (you will have that anyways if you are travelling). Technically, you won't even need the PR card as they will be able to look up the PR status passed on passport data.