+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

anton082

Aug 9, 2019
Nope, still in process. I called to update address and was told everything is just still processing.
How did you call? I tried to call a few times, but always just got to "no agent, you can try calling another time, bye" and they hang up. What number did you call and what options did. you choose? Thanks.

anton082

Aug 9, 2019
My first time PR card application got approved and card has been sent in mail today! Here is my timeline -

Landing: April 27, 2022
GU: June 15, 2022
PR Card Application Status Changed to "Approval" and Card sent in Mail: June 22, 2022

I'm the dependent applicant and my spouse is the primary applicant. Except me, my kids and spouse's status for PR card application is still showing as "Submitted". Is it usual for kids PR cards to take longer time ?
Hey! Where do you see that PR card application?
I entered Canada and became PR on March 24th, officer said if I don't have safe address I can just update it online later and I don't have to do anything now (so I didn't create any PR card application or anything). Now when I got apartment and tried to use their "address notification" service it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". And I if I log in to my account which I used for Express Entry application, I don't see any PR card info there. So am I missing something?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey! Where do you see that PR card application?
I entered Canada and became PR on March 24th, officer said if I don't have safe address I can just update it online later and I don't have to do anything now (so I didn't create any PR card application or anything). Now when I got apartment and tried to use their "address notification" service it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". And I if I log in to my account which I used for Express Entry application, I don't see any PR card info there. So am I missing something?

1. The link to update address doesnt work for first time pr card. You will have to call IRCC and update it

2. PR card application is not by default visible on gckey. You need to link it to gckey using steps as mentioned - https://www.askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/

You dont need to apply for pr card, officer would have already done it.

Please note, even if your pr card application is approved , IRCC wont be able to mail it out until and unless you complete step 1. So suggest complete that as soon as possible. Best luck.

Reactions: bluehorse

avkurup

Dec 21, 2017
India
Category........
Our PR card renewal application was delivered on 18 May, but still no AoR yet. So you appear to be in the same boat.
Thank you for the reply. It would be helpful if you could update any progress on your application here. Good luck.

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Hi, really hoping someone could help here.

I have made a paper application for my spouse's lost PR card. Sent the application in on May 17th. Canada Post delivered it to CIC on May 24th. We haven't received any email confirmation yet. Unable to use the status tracker to find the application as it says "cannot find the application"

Should I keep waiting for an email update or any suggestions on what is the best way forward.
Have you tried to check if you can see it on your GC Key account yet?

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Arrived at Montreal (new PR): Mar 1, 2022
Application linked online: Mar 10, 2022
Called and spoke to the agent at 18882422100: June 14, 2022, and was told that there was no Canadian address in the file to send the PR. Even though it was given to the agent at the time of the immigration process.:mad: The address has been updated in their system now and was told it can take 70 days.
PR approved and mailed on June 27, 2022

avkurup

Dec 21, 2017
India
Category........
Have you tried to check if you can see it on your GC Key account yet?
Yes I did. With my original PR application account. And I keep getting the response "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications".

I tried the different options there to provide the details. But nothing seem to work. I'm guessing they haven't picked the file yet. But I could be wrong.

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Yes I did. With my original PR application account. And I keep getting the response "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications".

I tried the different options there to provide the details. But nothing seem to work. I'm guessing they haven't picked the file yet. But I could be wrong.
I too can only see my original PR card application from 2016 on the GC Key, guess once they start processing the current application, we would be able to link it to the account. Some people on the forum who did not get AOR at all, say they were able to link to GC Key after about a month from the receipt at CIC.

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi All,

Looks like we all are in similar situation. Generally we expect AOR once application is derived or at least we try to check status on IRCC using UCI. But looks like for PR card IRCC works differently.

Based on my understanding as per IRCC current PR renewal processing time is 60 days.
So we all can expect AOR approx after 50 to 55 days after application delivery. Then only we can track our application on IRCC.
Once we have AOR in week or 10 days we can expect PR card.

My details.
PR holder since OCT 2017
PR renewal application send on May 26th 2022.
Application deliver to Sydney NS on May 31st 2022.
NO AOR as of now. I am expecting AOR around July Last week.
I am expecting PR card in Aug 1st week 2022.

Please share your opinion / feedback.

Thanks

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Hi All,

Looks like we all are in similar situation. Generally we expect AOR once application is derived or at least we try to check status on IRCC using UCI. But looks like for PR card IRCC works differently.

Based on my understanding as per IRCC current PR renewal processing time is 60 days.
So we all can expect AOR approx after 50 to 55 days after application delivery. Then only we can track our application on IRCC.
Once we have AOR in week or 10 days we can expect PR card.

My details.
PR holder since OCT 2017
PR renewal application send on May 26th 2022.
Application deliver to Sydney NS on May 31st 2022.
NO AOR as of now. I am expecting AOR around July Last week.
I am expecting PR card in Aug 1st week 2022.

Please share your opinion / feedback.

Thanks
From going through various posts on this forum, I got an impression if the AOR does not come within 25-35 days, there is a chance that the application will be returned as incomplete...could be photographs, or some other grounds. Guess there is no clear ground rules, and the process is highly subjective based on the application itself. Would be useful to know if anyone on this forum whose applications reached between 23rd-31st May or later, have got their AOR's yet.

Reactions: Bhamarekm

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
From going through various posts on this forum, I got an impression if the AOR does not come within 25-35 days, there is a chance that the application will be returned as incomplete...could be photographs, or some other grounds. Guess there is no clear ground rules, and the process is highly subjective based on the application itself. Would be useful to know if anyone on this forum whose applications reached between 23rd-31st May or later, have got their AOR's yet.
Thanks for sharing your analysis.
Agree, but unfortunately its very hard to get connected with IRCC via phone to check status. I tried calling so many times no luck.
I tried webform also no answer as of now. So we cant do much just wait :).

Thanks