+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal interview questions

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Yesterday my mother, my brother and I each received a letter from CIC that we have interviews (on the same day but separately) for the PR card renewal that we applied for in May 2014.

I was wondering what type of questions are asked during these interviews (they asked us to bring all the original documents that we submitted).

PS: my brother and my mother already did the Citizenship interview last month.

Thank you all.

Joe

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmak said:
Hey guys,

Yesterday my mother, my brother and I each received a letter from CIC that we have interviews (on the same day but separately) for the PR card renewal that we applied for in May 2014.

I was wondering what type of questions are asked during these interviews (they asked us to bring all the original documents that we submitted).

PS: my brother and my mother already did the Citizenship interview last month.

Thank you all.

Joe
Did they specify a date to pick up? If not then you may just abandon it since your othas are around the corner.

There is no harm in going, take all necessary documents. They make look at some or they may just give you the cards without seeing any documents or asking any questions. If you all met your residency obligations then you have nothing to worry about. If you haven't then your PR cards will be the least of your worries and your citizenship applications will be denied.

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No pick up date, only that they will give us an answer within 180 days.

we met the 730 days, even doubled them, so i dont see how or why they would want to interview us.

Anyway, do you know what they might ask?

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
You say that you applied for renewal in May 2014 and you are getting a reply from them now in June 2015 which is after nearly a year. Or are is it May 2015 that you applied for.

The processing time at the most now should be around 5-6 months. Why so long I wonder.

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jerry1410 said:
You say that you applied for renewal in May 2014 and you are getting a reply from them now in June 2015 which is after nearly a year. Or are is it May 2015 that you applied for.

The processing time at the most now should be around 5-6 months. Why so long I wonder.
We applied in May 2014, I wish I knew why they take so long...

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmak said:
We applied in May 2014, I wish I knew why they take so long...
You probably didn't send enough evidence.

If you have 180 to respond then it doesn't really matter if you go or not. If you have more than the required days then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Just go and take the required documents, you really don't have anything to lose.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Did they specify a date to pick up? If not then you may just abandon it since your othas are around the corner.

There is no harm in going, take all necessary documents. They make look at some or they may just give you the cards without seeing any documents or asking any questions. If you all met your residency obligations then you have nothing to worry about. If you haven't then your PR cards will be the least of your worries and your citizenship applications will be denied.
I highly recommend that you go to the interview, prepare EVERYTHING regarding having every document you can track down to back up your residency here. Health records, leases, paystubs, etc. If you misrepresented your residency in any way, you need to speak to a lawyer ASAP.

Since you need to be a PR in order to take the oath, I highly recommend that you go to the interview and do everything you can to put the apparent residency questions to rest. The Immigration side does talk to the Citizenship side at CIC, so it's likely that the residency concerns apply to both the PR card and the citizenship. I think that this interview is really important and that you need to take advantage of this moment you have to find out what their concerns are and address them. If you are totally confused about the process and what is going on, you should really talk to a reputable immigration lawyer.

You should also order your immigration ATIP notes (privacy act) ASAP.

If this interview goes poorly, they may conclude that you have breached your residency obligation for PR maintenance. If you're not a PR, your citizenship application will be thrown out.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
I highly recommend that you go to the interview, prepare EVERYTHING regarding having every document you can track down to back up your residency here. Health records, leases, paystubs, etc. If you misrepresented your residency in any way, you need to speak to a lawyer ASAP.

Since you need to be a PR in order to take the oath, I highly recommend that you go to the interview and do everything you can to put the apparent residency questions to rest. The Immigration side does talk to the Citizenship side at CIC, so it's likely that the residency concerns apply to both the PR card and the citizenship. I think that this interview is really important and that you need to take advantage of this moment you have to find out what their concerns are and address them. If you are totally confused about the process and what is going on, you should really talk to a reputable immigration lawyer.

You should also order your immigration ATIP notes (privacy act) ASAP.

If this interview goes poorly, they may conclude that you have breached your residency obligation for PR maintenance. If you're not a PR, your citizenship application will be thrown out.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thank you for your reply.

I plan on going to the interview, I was just wondering what type of questions they might ask.

What do you mean by ATIP notes? Never heard of that term before.