Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Hey all - my friend applied for PR and landed at Fort Erie on 15th July 2017.
During the PR process, we booked a trip for a long weekend to the US - it's Florida so driving is obviously not an option.
She has not yet received her PR Card. Her MP has called CIC and there was no news.
Applying for a PRTD when in the US for 4 days seems impossible and I don't believe that they can be applied for from Canada.

She is on an Irish passport and has lived in Canada for the last couple of years.
Can she come back on an ETA? I know COPR doesn't permit travel.
What are the options here?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
She had no option that involves flying, I'm afraid. Her Irish eTA is no longer valid because she's a PR. She cannot fly in using a PR Card she doesn't have, and she won't be there long enough to get a PRTD.

If she wants to go on the trip, she can :change plans to fly within the US, and drive across the land border each way, using her passport and COPR. Or she can stay longer, and get a PRTD. Or change her flight back, and just cross that land border in a car (she can fly out fine).

If the holiday is within the next four weeks (the point when she can reasonably start to expect to receive the PR card) she simply cannot go on a four day holiday, and fly back to Canada, I'm afraid.