+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

APKN

Jul 4, 2021
I'm starting to think they lost my application. I sent my application for first PR card on March 9th and haven't heard back since then. No AOR and not any kind of update.
Same here, waiting since March 2021. No aor nothing yet, they just say application in progress.

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
Hello again, I have a question about the address for PR renewal in Sydney. When I sent my wife’s application via Canada Post Xpress post, I used the 49 Dorchester and not to the PO Box. I’m now wondering if this is correct or I should have send it to the PO Box address? Could the application be lost or not delivered? Application sent May 1st. Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello again, I have a question about the address for PR renewal in Sydney. When I sent my wife’s application via Canada Post Xpress post, I used the 49 Dorchester and not to the PO Box. I’m now wondering if this is correct or I should have send it to the PO Box address? Could the application be lost or not delivered? Application sent May 1st. Thank you
Don't worry. If you used Canada Post, no issue to use either address. If the tracking states it was delivered, then you should be fine.

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
I didn't get anything yet brother at what time u get AOR
At 9:25 AM EST..just to add..I again raised a webform last night with details.

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
Don't worry. If you used Canada Post, no issue to use either address. If the tracking states it was delivered, then you should be fine.
Thanks. The problem is that tracking is showing item delayed since May 4th. I opened a case with Canada Post and they confirmed to me 45 days later that it was delivered but it’s still showing item delayed on the tracking. A complete mess I know. That’s why I’m worried that it might be lost.

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016

saurabh2996

Jun 18, 2019
Below are my timelines, anyone in the same boat? This is for the Etobicoke office. Profile still says 'Submitted'. Called IRCC multiple times with no luck. Sent a webform last week and still awaiting response.

CoPR Received - 11th March
Photos/Document Submitted - 26th March
Photos/Documents delivered - 27th March (Based on the tracking details)

Thank you!
Just heard on my webform that my request is now approved and cards have been sent for production. Also had a GU around same timeframe.

Reactions: AJ97 and Rasha

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Just heard on my webform that my request is now approved and cards have been sent for production. Also had a GU around same timeframe.
I also got revert to my web form raised on August 1 and below is the response -

“Good day Kunal Shah,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production.

How will I receive my card?

Once produced, the PR card is generally mailed to you directly. It is also possible that you are asked to pick it up in person.

This random selection for in-person pick up is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR Card applications.

If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be asked to bring with you.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible.

If you need to leave Canada before you obtain your PR card, and you:

• Return by private vehicle:
    • you can present documents proving your PR status,
  • Return by commercial vehicle (airplane, bus, train, or boat):
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Reactions: saurabh2996

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I got a similar reply from my webform:

We have verified the information you provided and can provide you with the following details about the status of your permanent resident card (PR card) application:

· The file was referred to the local IRCC office in Vancouver and an appointment will be scheduled so you may pick up the card in person.

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
I got a similar reply from my webform:

We have verified the information you provided and can provide you with the following details about the status of your permanent resident card (PR card) application:

· The file was referred to the local IRCC office in Vancouver and an appointment will be scheduled so you may pick up the card in person.
Did they send your AOR FIRST

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I also got revert to my web form raised on August 1 and below is the response -

“Good day Kunal Shah,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production.

How will I receive my card?

Once produced, the PR card is generally mailed to you directly. It is also possible that you are asked to pick it up in person.

This random selection for in-person pick up is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR Card applications.

If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be asked to bring with you.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible.

If you need to leave Canada before you obtain your PR card, and you:

• Return by private vehicle:
    • you can present documents proving your PR status,
  • Return by commercial vehicle (airplane, bus, train, or boat):
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

I received exactly the same reply on July 12 after I inquired. On the same day, my status changed to DM. Nothing's happened after that. I believe my card was sent to the local office for pickup...

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
And when did they recive your application
My status shows:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 6, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2020.

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
My status shows:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 6, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2020.
Really thats more than 1 year