+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
Just wait for 1-2 more weeks,my son’s application also shows decision made and in details is in processing on Oct 7,yesterday the status updated to complete and his card was sent by mail on Oct 30.
My processing started on 29 sept and I saw decision made around 20 Oct. so that’s why I am confused.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Application submitted for renewal on Oct 29, 2020

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have question are they submitting all family application at one time , or they wait till we provide one missing photo for one of my children .
I mean is they will stop all renewal till they get the photo for my son or they will proceed with the renewal of all family and put this one in hold

Stevenycn

Oct 26, 2020
Anyone whose case was processed before Oct. 13, still waiting for a decision?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 20, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 13, 2020.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Anyone whose case was processed before Oct. 13, still waiting for a decision?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 20, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 13, 2020.
Sep-15 in process & still waiting.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I have question are they submitting all family application at one time , or they wait till we provide one missing photo for one of my children .
I mean is they will stop all renewal till they get the photo for my son or they will proceed with the renewal of all family and put this one in hold
It might be - best is to call them & ask

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Update on my urgent process:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2020.
Status shows - Decision Made.

I hope it means that they will send it soon.
Update: just received the card.

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
My wife submitted an application for renewal of PR card in July, and it was received by IRCC on July 31st. On October 20th she received the following acknowledgement by email: "This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/07/31".

A question that I hope someone on the forum can help with: On logging in to the IRCC site to check application status, my wife is only able to see here other application (citizenship). There is no mention of the PR card renewal application - even though she received the confirmation above by email. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on where we could check the status of her PR card renewal application?

On a separate note, I myself applied for a pR card renewal (with my application delivered to IRCC on September 1). From the update received for my wife's application - I can guess that IRCC is likely at least on the August PR card renewal applications by now. Does anyone here have any guesses on how far IRCC is from the September applications.

Both applications above were standard (not urgent) processing.

Thanks.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
My wife submitted an application for renewal of PR card in July, and it was received by IRCC on July 31st. On October 20th she received the following acknowledgement by email: "This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/07/31".

A question that I hope someone on the forum can help with: On logging in to the IRCC site to check application status, my wife is only able to see here other application (citizenship). There is no mention of the PR card renewal application - even though she received the confirmation above by email. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on where we could check the status of her PR card renewal application?

On a separate note, I myself applied for a pR card renewal (with my application delivered to IRCC on September 1). From the update received for my wife's application - I can guess that IRCC is likely at least on the August PR card renewal applications by now. Does anyone here have any guesses on how far IRCC is from the September applications.

Both applications above were standard (not urgent) processing.

Thanks.
For your wife's application, did you try logging into her account (either using GCKey or via one of the financial institutions sign on), then search her application & add - I am sure you will find them.
For Sept applications things are very dynamic, On Oct-27 CIC reduced the number of processing days for PR renewal from 161 to 133, so if the trend continues, then you should expect AOR this month.
But note there are PR renewal applicants from July/August who are still awaiting AOR.

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Today I search and find my family's application in IRCC system, however, there is no AOR email yet.
I hope tomorrow the email will come.